Wal-es! Wal-es!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wal-es! Wal-es!

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

I have got to take my hat off to Wal-es tonight, well done boys! Even though I am Welsh and born & bread in Wrexham, I have to own up to always following England in the footie – stems from when I first started watching it in the early 70’s. Wales were poor and the English team were on the telly & famous, sorry!
    But tonight the team turned up, Bale showed why he is/was the most expensive player, Ramsey showed some Arse form and even Joe Allen look good! But once again well done boys – keep it up and go as far as we can in Euro 16. You never know it just might inspire Wrexham to pull their finger out next season!

Rex Ham
    Participant

I’m joining in with the congratulations. Apparently in Russia they have shopping malls bigger than Wales, but they ain’t got hwyl!!!

Watching the match last night I did laugh at a friend who was an England supporter (and economic migrant) living in Wales who complained he couldn’t watch the England match in HD. Poor bugger! There have been times we couldn’t get a Wales match on telly.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

It’s amazing how many times that ball was Putin the back of the net. Full Marx to Wales. There’s no rasputin they de-serf’d that win

Daave63
    Participant

Four gob sake Wrecsam lad, your spilling is worser than mined!!

zinger
    Participant

Can anyone point me in the direction of the nearest fanzone for Saturdays match please & please don’t say Cardiff.

Daave63
    Participant

I think WCBC are waiting to see if Wales get through and play either Poland or Portugal them make it a real local event!!

Daave63
    Participant

Well, well, well, well, well, 11 days after for my first post on this thread, unbelievably Wales are still going strong!!
    While my heart said Wales, my football head said Belgium, but even when they went 1 nil up there was a certain sense that the Dragons would still breath fire in the end! Especially after that triple save early on! Brilliant scenes in ‘our’ High Street – sometimes Wrexham still make me proud!
    Only shame is Ramsey missing the semi, but as I was convinced before last night that Belgium would win 2-1, I am going to ‘predict’ 2-1 to Portugal!!!!!!! :) Wales…Wales…

Rondetto
    Participant

The town was at a standstill last night and it was by far the best match so far in the tournament. Bring on Portugal, I’m sure the passion will be there to carry on to the final.

Katia
    Participant

Amazing in Wrexham High Street – just WOW.
    Fantastic night for Wales.
    Robbie going viral in Iceland probably !
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/02/ecstatic-robbie-savage-has-meltdown-on-air-during-wales-victory/

Interesting chat about academy football at half-time too.
    Brilliant way of making everybody in Wales smash their telly!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News