W.H.Smith Newsagents

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum W.H.Smith Newsagents

• Author

summerhill
    Participant

Has anyone else heard that Smiths in Wrexham are closing down

dagg
    Participant

I heard a while back that the Post Office was moving there, also heard recently it is not moving.
    So apparently I know nothing.

zinger
    Participant

I have been somewhere this last week and seen that WH Smiths is opening a new store. It could have been Dodds Lane, Gwersyllt.

R T
    Keymaster

Have heard a few versions of this – with one quite precise one yesterday so a query was sent to WH Smith HQ who replied today: “I can confirm that the Wrexham store is not due for closure”.

Recently the Post Office have said they are not moving either from town.

Locally though it seems the message is the opposite, with Gwersyllt being mentioned three times now separately.

Bish
    Participant

I’ve just read the article “Wrexham’s First WHSmith Local to Open This Week”, which says since moving there the store is “proving to be a hugely successful and popular move with Gwersyllt residents”. I don’t know how many Gwersyllt residents they asked but nearly everyone I know preferred it where it was.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Why cant people read the story fully — WH Smith are not opening a new store in Gwersyllt. The current owners of the Post Office and shop will remain the owners – all that is happening is that they are taking a franchise which will mean they change their brand and obtain stock through a different supply route. They will then pay a fee for the privilege of trading under the WH Smith banner and getting their company support. This is no different to many SPAR shops in the area.
    There is absolutely no linkage between WH Smith franchise in Gwersyllt and WH Smith store in Wrexham

Bish
    Participant

Maybe it’s you that can’t read, the thread was started a few weeks back before it was confirmed that the store was to be a WHSmith Local.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News