W.C.B.C Free bus pass for over 60’s

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum W.C.B.C Free bus pass for over 60’s

• Author

gertie
    Participant

How do you make the most of your bus pass? How far can I travel? out of county? Trains even. Grateful for any advice because best deals seem to be hidden away.:confused:

johnhoppy
    Participant

AMA Express
    Participant

You can use it for train journeys as far as Shotton too.

dagg
    Participant

I dont think you can use them from the General station, but from the other two stations.

BorrasBill
    Participant

You can use it between all stations from Wrexham Central to Shotton, all bus services within Wales, and journeys in to England, as long as your journey starts or finishes in Wales. E.g. Wrexham to Chester, yes, Chester to Pulford, no.

MP1953
    Participant

@BorrasBill 16075 wrote:

You can use it between all stations from Wrexham Central to Shotton, all bus services within Wales, and journeys in to England, as long as your journey starts or finishes in Wales. E.g. Wrexham to Chester, yes, Chester to Pulford, no.

But if you were to get off at Pulford and then get back on to Wrexham how would that be tracked ? because when using a pass you do not state the destination…

BorrasBill
    Participant

@MP1953 16081 wrote:

But if you were to get off at Pulford and then get back on to Wrexham how would that be tracked ? because when using a pass you do not state the destination…

That is correct, you are not supposed to but as you say it can’t be tracked. You couldn’t do it the other way round though, Pulford to Chester. You would have to walk over the border in to Lavister. I can’t see why they don’t make it national, make travelling a lot easier.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@MP1953 16081 wrote:

When I used to drive buses I always asked passengers for their destination. If I got the occasional passenger objecting to giving me the information I would point out that if I knew where they were going there was less chance of me missing their stop. Not all buses have loud bells, and if they refuse to tell the driver their destination that is the chance they take. If the pass is abused I think it is possible for the council to withdraw it.

MP1953
    Participant

@johnhoppy 16084 wrote:

When I used to drive buses I always asked passengers for their destination. If I got the occasional passenger objecting to giving me the information I would point out that if I knew where they were going there was less chance of me missing their stop. Not all buses have loud bells, and if they refuse to tell the driver their destination that is the chance they take. If the pass is abused I think it is possible for the council to withdraw it.

Don’t know how long it is since you were on the buses, but these days no one with a pass says their destination and neither does any driver ask, and also a ticket is not issued by the driver on arriva at least, so it would be pointless stating and asking the destination..;)

BorrasBill
    Participant

@MP1953 16089 wrote:

Don’t know how long it is since you were on the buses, but these days no one with a pass says their destination and neither does any driver ask, and also a ticket is not issued by the driver on arriva at least, so it would be pointless stating and asking the destination..;)

I wouldn’t imagine the drivers care really. They still get paid, Arriva get paid for accepting the pass so no one’s bothered. One thing you don’t see any more is Inspectors getting on the bus. When I was younger they were always getting on and checking, I haven’t seen one now for years.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News

Free Easter Egg Hunt in Wrexham city centre tomorrow!

News