Vote of No Confidence in Wrexham Council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Vote of No Confidence in Wrexham Council

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

In view of the lack of democratic accountability in the new Lead Group on Wrexham Council due to the lack of elections for Councilors that do not have a mandate of any kind to rule the County Borough a petition has been established to identify the strength of public feeling to the situation. The petition will run until after the next Executive Council meeting. The strength of feeling which ever way the petition goes will be forwarded to the First Minister.
    SHOW YOUR FEELINGS TODAY AND SIGN THE PETITION!! TO MAXIMISE THE EFFECT PASS THE LINK TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/945/264/159/call-for-vote-of-no-confidence-in-wrexham-county-borough-council/#sign

Rob
    Participant

The first 21 odd signatories are from a range of non-Wrexham places, are they ex-pats or a quirk of using that site?

johnhoppy
    Participant

@rob 15218 wrote:

The first 21 odd signatories are from a range of non-Wrexham places, are they ex-pats or a quirk of using that site?

I will not say if I am for or against this cause, but the process is somewhat discredited when only three of the first twenty four signatories are from the UK.

JaneJ
    Participant

This was only created recently and like many surveys often get plagued with spam– I hope these first few don’t put people off and they take part in the survey.

The Monitor
    Participant

The signers that appear to be from the United States may not be. The online form defaults to the United States. It needs sorting!

Rex Ham
    Participant

The councillors are the people who were voted on in the first place. Unlike national politics where people vote party first, it tends to be person led at local level. That’s not really a reason to have no confidence. Just my opinion. No science behind the statement.

AMA Express
    AMA Express
    Participant

Well after seeing the names on the petition I have no confidence in it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.