Volunteers take over from Council Workers

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Volunteers take over from Council Workers

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

I vividly remember the time I decorated Maureen’s hallway, happy days.

Sheefag
    Participant

Whenever I remember her face, I think of this…..

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=110912]Whenever I remember her face, I think of this…..

[/quote]

“Face like a painter’s radio” :-)

andrewatkinson
    Participant

[quote quote=110792]Happy to see Andrew in Gresford ,where he rents a property[/quote]
    Cllr Andrew Bailey- Would you please explain the relevance of this comment?
    Why is my local councillor making comments about my house?
    What is wrong with renting and why do you make this point and not say ‘in Gresford where he lives’?

andrewatkinson
    Participant

Hi, this isn’t volunteers taking over from council workers although I can see it looks like that, we are blitzing parts of the town along side council workers to take a bit of pride in our town and do a bit extra.
    It’s important to note that a lot of what we have done on previous clean up days is clean out empty shop doorways and remove fly posters etc which is not council responsibility at all but rather often irresponsible landlords miles away from Wrexham that don’t care what state their property is in. I’m all for enforcement to tackle the root cause and I’m pushing for that but in the meanwhile we can let our town suffer or get out and do something, and I choose the latter.

andrewatkinson
    Participant

[quote quote=110821]The flower beds around the Halfords shop are clogged with all kinds of rubbish including what looks like part of an old safe. If you walk further along into Yorke Street , opposite St Giles church next to the entrance of Eagles Meadow is a piece of very overgrown ground including an old concrete mixer. Who should keep these areas clean and tidy?

[/quote]

If it’s on their land then it should be Halfords. I can ask the town centre manager to get in touch if you like?

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=110792]Happy to see Andrew in Gresford ,where he rents a property at the “Tidy up Sundays” ,which start by the notice board @10.30 am on the first Sunday ,or the Maes-y-pant working party on second Sunday @ 10.0am .

Warning we are apolitical and tend just to get on with things !

[/quote]
    Ooh touchy – taking the step of quoting myself to show there is no criticism of renting in this piece ,indeed unlike Mrs T I have no problem with renting and did chair for a number of years the Tenant-Member Forum that is a conduit to addressing the issues and concerns of Wrexham Council’s 10,000+ renters.
    The invite to get involved with working parties in the area still stands ,probably when you have more leisure time Anndrew

andrewatkinson
    Participant

Please don’t be so childish and address the point Cllr Bailey.
    Why did you quite intentionally mention that as opposed to saying I live in Gresford?
    Why would you phrase it that way unless you had a problem with me renting my house?

Sheefag
    Participant

You’re a bit touchy about this Andrew, got the decorators in as well?

99DylanJones
    Participant

Is there no end to the Party Political back biting and childish behaviour – both Andrews start debating real issues – at the moment most of the electorate of Wrexham would not wish to vote for either of you either at Assembly or Local Government elections. Andrew B – you may not be up for election this May but your personal stance will certainly not do anything to convince voters to vote for Lesley or Ken as Labour candidates.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News