Virgin Media cable laying in Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Virgin Media cable laying in Wrexham

• Author

Liz Jackson
    Participant

Good clarification – I thought it was all of the cables they had laid

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=140104]Good clarification – I thought it was all of the cables they had laid[/quote]

There is apparently 2000 metres to be done all around Garden Village where the one particular gang did the initial job, the job needs to be done by Christmas, again from the horses mouth.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Clearly the contractor has to take the blame here for failing to do a professional job.and though some blame can be apportioned to wrecsham council roads inspector i have been told that by friends that the councils director leigh robinson was so desperate to get virgin cables in to the county that they were advised to give virgin contractors carte blanche to do what ever they wanted. they were allowed to ruin the footpaths and do a goddamn awful job at the behest of mr robinson – maybe someone needs to ask him what he thinks of the shambles that he has allowed to happen

jimbow
    Participant

In one of my earlier posts I wrote that an e mail I sent to the local Councillor had been forwarded on to the Council. I have been informed that this was not the case, and it was forwarded on to Virgin Media. I was informed by my Councillor that technically it’s not the Councils project, this has almost been forced on them.
    If as the previous poster has alluded to the Councils Strategic Director was involved the story takes another twist.

suethecat
    Participant

The Wrexham Council Road Inspector was on the trail of Virgin Media for the entire length of time that they have been working in Wrexham. He stopped multiple gangs working multiple times. Each time he found defects he reported it to higher levels in the hope that they would impose a total stop on Virgin Media, and each and every time he was knocked back, and more or less told that they should carry on for the good of businesses, both already in the area, and as a bait to those wishing to relocate to Wrexham. So much work was created for the Highways inspector that Wrexham Council appointed a temporary Highways inspector in June just to oversee the work of Virgin Media. The Salary for this post is not paid for by the Council, but reimbursed by Virgin Media. The original Inspector had been submitting reports since before last Christmas, but they fell on deaf ears. Any defects that occur will be repaired by agents for Virgin Media within the first two (I think) years, then they become the responsibility of the Council itself, so it is incredibly important that all problems are rectified, otherwise the already overstretched budget will be stretched further. The Highways inspector raised these issues from the outset, the problem lies at the feet of those in higher authority.

jimbow
    Participant

suethecat,
    If what you say is correct and I have no reason to think otherwise, this is a disgrace. An enquiry should be held and those in higher authority taken to task.

Sheefag
    Participant

THEY SHOULD BE SHOT WITH SHIT.

Anonymous
    Inactive

thank you suethecat

maybe a freedom of information request will expose the truth?

perhaps then we will learn which high ranking council officers and councillors have let virgin do wahtever they want for the past 12 months, and maybe they can explain why the public have suffered such inconvenience and shoddy dangerous workmanship

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=140714]thank you suethecat

maybe a freedom of information request will expose the truth?

perhaps then we will learn which high ranking council officers and councillors have let virgin do wahtever they want for the past 12 months, and maybe they can explain why the public have suffered such inconvenience and shoddy dangerous workmanship[/quote]

Go on send one out, that’ll upset the apple cart. Councillors seen to be pushed around by Bigger Boy Branson and co. Unfortunately everyone is fawning over Virgin Media like they’ve struck gold for the town and it’s the Wild West. In reality no-one’s area has been has set live and there’s been a lot of road destruction/disruption and now it sounds like a lot of remedial work to be done.

Everyone is acting amazed that Virgin is being so generous investing billions into fibre in new towns and cities and in Wales. But it’s purely 100% profit driven – they need to get houses/commercial premises to sign up desperately and get user lock-in on expensive 24 month contracts, as they’ve hit saturation point in all the other towns and cities they have a network laid down in. Their shareholders are screaming expand or die in the neverending thirst of capitalist greed for profits.

Now I’m probably cynical but it does sound like there’s a massive rush on to get the infrastructure down and deal with issues later. With the startling pace of wireless technology, I give Virgin Media 5 years before competitive ultra high speed 5G+ networks or a Wi-MAX style shared wireless internet becomes available and people can ditch physical wired connections into their house for good.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News