Vinci Car Parking Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Vinci Car Parking Wrexham

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Some interesting Tweets! What have they done to help trade in the town? In the run up to Christmas they have an opportunity to make some offers, how about ” park for a £1 on Saturdays”, ” Free after three on late night shopping Thursdays” or “free Sundays”. Local traders including those with shops in Eagles Meadow would appreciate any of these suggestions. Time for them to take steps to mend their poor PR in the town, they are damaging the perception of Eagles Meadow as a shopping experience as well as the wider town.

Phil1878
    Participant

Staff seem to take delight in handing out fines. People are avoiding the place like the plague Always half empty, tells its own story !!

Liam
    Participant

By contrast the People’s Market has been absolutely full to capacity whenever I’ve been this week. I wonder if that will be the case when the free after 12 initiative changes to free after 3.

wrexview
    Participant

Cheshire East have a number of car parks ” free after 3pm” on Saturdays up to Christmas. No reply from Vinci about suggestions they might like to offer something to help increase trade in Wrexham. By attracting new customers they might generate more regular ones !

Rob
    Participant

Worth saying no reply as of yet as point of contact initially given is away, and prefer to speak to someone direct rather than national PR style contact.

Iceman
    Participant

Yet another example of why Eagles Meadow was a big mistake.

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

The owners of Eagles Meadow should be envisaging a car park of happy shoppers, heading into their tenants stores and businesses spending lots of money. So thats not happening? Make changes then. Broughton, Chester and numerous other options open to us the consumer. Like many on here, I only visit when I absolutely need to, normally instead I will head off somewhere else and make it more worthwhile.

MP1953
    Participant

Took the grandchildren ten pin bowling on Sunday, it was pouring with rain so decided to park in eagles meadow car park, I now realize why when you pass there are not many cars in there £3.50 to park !! a lot of places these days are either free parking or at least reasonable charges no wonder Wrexhams struggling, will go to Chester next time…

wid9999
    Participant

I guess we are paying for all those flourescent lamps which seem to be on nearly 24hours a day!
    I am not the biggest environmental person in the world .. but I do wonder when I pass there. I certainly don’t park there.

Steve
    Participant

@wid9999 10148 wrote:

I guess we are paying for all those flourescent lamps which seem to be on nearly 24hours a day!
    I am not the biggest environmental person in the world .. but I do wonder when I pass there. I certainly don’t park there.

After passing on the way to or from work 5.30am / 6.00am Most of the lamps are off, just a few for pilot lighting. I think they are all on until about 11.00pm, once the car park is closed then the lights are mostly turned off.

It is very well lit the rest of the time, however if it was dark and dingy we would moan its unsafe. Can’t believe the charges have risen so much. I’m sure their is a bigger hidden plan to close Wrexham.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News