Vinci Car Parking Charges

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Vinci Car Parking Charges

• Author

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Liam 14153 wrote:

This, I never pay to park anywhere if I can help it. I tend to use Tesco car park.

I think Tesco will step up security in some way on their car park …

wrexview
    Participant

Tesco are set to lose over sixty car parking places when the open their new “click and collect ” area.

BorrasBill
    Participant

@Wrecsam_lad 14155 wrote:

I think Tesco will step up security in some way on their car park …

They don’t need to. They use CCTV to record the registration numbers, and their signs clearly say that you can park for 3 hours. It does not mention that you need to actually do any shopping in Tesco.

Rondetto
    Participant

Another nail in the coffin for every business in Eagles Meadow, as if the parking charge hasn’t already kept people away.

wrexview
    Participant

The problem is it is not just the bigger stores in Eagles Meadow that will suffer, there will be a knock on effect to other smaller Independents too. The root of this problem really stems from the original sale / leasehold of Eagles Meadow which was in the ownership of Wrexham Council. Many Councils when agreeing to such developments include clauses that stipulate car parking charges must remain within a certain percentage of the Council’s own car parks. I think such an agreement was included on the Island Green development although the land belonged to the railway not the Council.

Darlofan
    Participant

Broughton will be opening the new cinema, Frankie+Benniworth etc quite soon too. With free parking I know where a lot will be heading.

Iceman
    Participant

Eagles Meadow was a stupid idea, poorly implemented.

sparky1
    Participant

The only positive I can see is that Wrexham council car park fees are now looking to be the cheapest in Wrexham< and how sad is that??
    It won’t be long before Wrexham is a ghost town more and more shops are closing and there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of new business coming in just old ones moving trying to get cheaper rates /rent?
    Short term is all this and every other council think of, because they don’t want the risk of not getting elected next term???
    It seems like they just dig that hole deeper and deeper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rondetto
    Participant

All comments are true and the only shops that are opening are pound shops.
    I believe another pound shop is opening where the Game shop was.
    The parking fees are what people take into account when deciding where to shop.

Liam
    Participant

@wrexview 14162 wrote:

The problem is it is not just the bigger stores in Eagles Meadow that will suffer, there will be a knock on effect to other smaller Independents too. The root of this problem really stems from the original sale / leasehold of Eagles Meadow which was in the ownership of Wrexham Council. Many Councils when agreeing to such developments include clauses that stipulate car parking charges must remain within a certain percentage of the Council’s own car parks. I think such an agreement was included on the Island Green development although the land belonged to the railway not the Council.

If WCBC had done a bit of research they would have known that Vinci has a reputation for this, but then that sounds a bit too much like forward planning.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

MMA Event coming to north east Wales this weekend!

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans for new studio flat above Wrexham fast food restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News