Vinci Car Parking Charges

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Vinci Car Parking Charges

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Inflation is below 2% so how do Vinci Parking justify raising their rates by 25%? As a company they run car parks in many cities, perhaps someone should tell their head office Wrexham didn’t get city status!

Liam
    Participant

Remember how reasonable the prices were when EM first opened? Now it’s hike after hike from Vinci. Have heard anecdotes from retail workers of customers complaining to them and threatening to shop elsewhere. Not their fault.

cmaj76
    Participant

Another nail in the coffin of this unneeded monstrous eye sore

Rob
    Participant

40 tweets entirely negative since posting this up some RTed on Twitterarchive | Wrexham.com

Plus within eight minutes the post to the Wrexham.com facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=672757519445667&set=a.388546797866742.90367.223136377741119&type=1 – had 35 comments, again with no positives.

Changes dont seem to have gone down well !

Born Acorn
    Participant

Vinci is a humongous company. They run a large part of the French motorway network, they run airports in Portugal, they construct a lot of infrastructure and operate thousands of car parks.

So how they can justify 25% increases is beyond me.

Ponciau
    Participant

Shops are struggling already this will hurt even more don’t know when their contract expires but in my mind the sooner the better!

wrexview
    Participant

All the new charges have odd pence in them and the machines don’t give change , Vinci hoping to make just a little more profit from those who don’t have the correct money?

Rob
    Participant

Someone has just pointed out the season ticket prices make no sense on the Vinci website:

Season ticket rates
    1 Months Permit £30.00
    3 Month £200.00
    6 Month £400.00
    12 Month £800.00

Perhaps the new charges are to pay for a new calculator at Vinci HQ?

moggsie
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be appropriate for someone from Vinci to at least have a stab at explaining this to us plebs. We might even understand the complexities. Go on Vinci, give it a go !

p.s Does anyone out there have doubts regarding the real accuracy/usefulness of the RPI/CPI figures ?

moggsie
    Participant

Actually, my good wife has just made what might be a good point.

Most of us in Wrexham weren’t mental enough to pay £2.50.

Maybe Vinci are testing out the principal of “elasticity of demand” on the good folks of more affluent surrounding areas ( Whitchurch, Ellesmere et al ) ?

I know quite a few of those that do use Eagles Meadow car park for the odd jaunt, and I honestly think that they wouldn’t change their habits for a 25% hike.

For useless comparison, Chester NCP Pepper St 2 hrs : £5.30

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News