Vaccine roll-out – Where & how many?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Vaccine roll-out – Where & how many?

• Author

parkingmad
    Participant

Having mine on Saturday at the Catrin Finch centre

zinger
    Participant

Mine was at Catrin Finch on Tuesday morning with 6 in queue & my other half was yesterday afternoon with 12 all inside. We both went about 5-10 minutes before our appointed time to allow time if parking limited but no problem.

Comment 8or
    Participant

Notwithstanding a national two-week lag in the supply of the vaccine ahead of us now, congratulations to all involved in Wales attaining the first UK-wide vaccine roll-out milestone. The WG attracted widely held criticism for a slow start (including from me) but, by the same token, credit should be given for a superb roll-out effort. It is of course a huge collaborative effort on the part of NHS staff, GP surgeries, vaccination centres, military services, pharmacies and a countless army of volunteers to name a few, who have all contributed and deserve our appreciation for their hard work. I am some way down the list yet, and am happy to continue to follow advice and wait my turn, but like many others, I am heartened to see so many people now receiving their vaccines. This means that we know our turn will come in good time.

The wearing of masks and social distancing etc. will be with us for some time yet in one form or another, but let’s keep it up to the next milestone(s). I just hope that everyone accepts their invitations to get vaccinated as there is evidence of some vaccine hesitancy, and that everyone keeps their appointments. Mass-vaccination has to be the only way to go so that we can all get our lives back. Hopefully, that will be this year.

zinger
    Participant

I agree. The lack of transparancy was the issue but things have come together nicely & I think that they have learned by their mistakes. Roll on phase 2.

Andy
    Participant

“People aged 50 and over in England are now being invited to book their appointment for a Covid vaccine.

This is the final group on the priority list, which covers 99% at high risk of dying from Covid-19.

Everyone in the top nine priority groups should be offered a second dose by mid-July, up to 12 weeks after the first.

Nearly half of the UK adult population has had one vaccine dose – more than 24 million people.

Around 1.6 million people have also had a second dose.

In Northern Ireland and some areas of Scotland, the over-50s are already being offered a Covid vaccine. Parts of England may already have started offering it to this age group too, with Wales targeting an offer of one dose to all over-50s by mid-April.”

Well done Dripford. We are only a Month behind the rest of the UK

jimbow
    Participant

Had my 1st on 5th January and my second on 13th March at my doctors surgery. I am in the over 80 group.

MP1953
    Participant

Getting first one tomorrow, aged 68 next month, me thinks I must be one of the last in the country of my age ! :)

zinger
    Participant

Had my first in February & 2nd yesterday, six weeks later.

We are now starting on the 2nd phase. it says over 50s but this covers 16-64 years old who are clinically vulnerable & the homeless & those living rough before they start back on the age groups. England say that everyone over 50 is on track to have their 1st vaccine before 15th April. I just hope that for every vaccine administered there is a 2nd one stored in the fridge with the EU playing at silly fools.

thetown
    Participant

Iam 53 years of age my girlfriend who lives with me who is younger is having the vaccine on April 8th when they rang her up she asked about me and they told her that I should ring up in a couple of weeks and see if I can make an appointment depending on supplies,but a gent I work with is 45 in good health lives in England but had his in Chirk three days ago.So when they say we are keeping the vaccine for the over 50s it is not true how many times do you see friends of friends on facebook making comments that they have had the vaccine they are in the late 20s and are either not working or work in the spar.

zinger
    Participant

Is it possible that some may be on the list where due to cancellations there would be excess vaccine at the end of the day? I understand that you have a last minute phone call.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News