Vaccine roll-out – Where & how many?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Vaccine roll-out – Where & how many?

• Author

Matt
    Participant

Zinger, I’d like to add that in the case of your elderly relative that sounds like a case of someone being overlooked and something that needs to be chased up. But as a general rule the people I’ve heard complaining expect there to a vaccination for their dog by next week at the latest.

zinger
    Participant

But Matt they keep telling us not to phone the GP practice. I feel angry at our esteemed First Minister’s lack of urgency. For those of us in group 4, providing we can stay safe in the meantime, I don’t see a major problem. As the age groups get younger it should speed up. No need to make arrangements to get us to whereever because many of us will drive ourselves.

Matt
    Participant

Public Health Wales has both a complaints line and an urgent Covid concern line listed on their website. Might be worth a try if you can’t go through local GP.

General Complaints is 02920104311

Urgent Covid is 02920227744

https://phw.nhs.wales/use-of-site/complaints/

MP1953
    Participant

The vaccines arrived in Strathmore Surgery last Wednesday, but as yet did not have any details as to when they will start rolling them out.

zinger
    Participant

I guess that we will be waiting for a while yet judging by today’s news that only 24% of over 80s have been vaccinated. No doubt doctors surgeries will be recieving a small allocation of doses. Only so much to go round.

Not much use opening new vaccination centres if they don’t have the vaccine to inject.

JaneJ
    Participant

Wales gets it % based on total population numbers not on age profile. In Wales we have a higher number of 70 -80 year old by % therefore it will take longer in Wales to do the same age groups as in England. If Westminster allocated on age profile Wales would have more vaccines to distribute

zinger
    Participant

JaneJ not much point in having more vaccines if they aren’t being administered.

JaneJ
    Participant

Zinger with all the GPs raring to go it does not seem that there is a shortage of delivery points the issue is clearly the distribution between manufacture and front line vaccine centres- unravelling the blockage whether political or supply are the key issues at present. Lets hope this is sorted for next week.

zinger
    Participant

Strathmore are apparently having a vaccine clinic twice a week. Still no news on my 89 year old relative having a jab.

MP1953
    Participant

Nor my 89 year old mother Zinger, again not heard from Strathmore, not easy to manage all this I know, but we do seem late to the party in Wrexham/Wales

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News