Vaccine

• Author

Matt
    Participant

What an interesting development. I wonder if this is just getting everyone’s hopes up or if it will provide a legitimate route out of all the restrictions we are currently facing.

JaneJ
    Participant

Even if successful they talk about 6 to 9 month roll out for everyone

Matt
    Participant

Yes, will be some kind of time lag but perhaps a light at the end of the tunnel. It is my understanding that it’s still early days yet – but the development was enough to cause both the First Minister and the PM to make a statement on it and also sent the stock market jumping in optimism in a way not seen this year.

Perhaps even if the initial vaccinations go to the most vulnerable and get administered in the likes of care homes it will mean in principle a drop in the fatality rate of the virus and therefore merit some easing of restrictions even before a full roll out.

Of course it’s all unprecedented because a vaccination has never in history been rolled out so quickly – but I am guessing in this case medical advancements and technology has turbocharged even the development phase. We will have to see.

AMA Express
    Participant

I think it should be tested on all MP’s, MS’s and MSP’s before being rolled out to the public.

AMA Express
    Participant

For anyone that doesn’t know, on Friday I volunteered for the vaccine trials for Covid-19. The vaccine is one that was created in Russia. I received my first shot yesterday at 4:00 pm, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

MP1953
    Participant
      AMA Express

:)

Born Acorn
    Participant

“I don’t want harmful stuff in my body” says Jane, as she swigs a bottle of wine and takes a drag on a cigarette.

Since we love “Australian style” systems so much, perhaps we should tie Universal Credit payments to having an up to date vaccination record :)

JaneJ
    Participant

Looks like if you are not one of the first priority groups and don’t get called until the Spring then you are likely to get a different vaccine to the one they start with, Any vaccine that doesn’t require -80 degree freezer to store is bound to get pushed more.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Campaign launched to reduce motorcycle-related deaths and serious injuries in north Wales

News

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News