Update on Wrexham shops

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Update on Wrexham shops

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

@Rondetto 12976 wrote:

I was amazed at how quiet the Monday market was this bank holiday too.
    Very few stalls now compared to how previous years bank holidays.

From Hundreds (well it felt like hundreds!) of stalls on the original best market, and then Asda, and now to what it is, it is only a matter of time before there is no market, and markets do not just bring trade to the markets but to the rest of the town, just look at Mold on a Wednesday and Saturday…

Maybe Ian Lucas will come up with a plan…. :D:D:D:D

Rondetto
    Participant

I agree, If you don’t get to Mold early on Wednesday and Saturdays the car parks are full. It’s a great atmosphere there.They are doing something right there.
    Rhyl’s Thursday market is very busy too.

Alunh
    Participant

Have you noticed how in many Town outdoor Markets these days, the produce on sale is much more diverse than in Wrexham. When I first started to sell Records in the 1970’s I vividly remember setting up on the Beast Market and my sort of stall (second hand stuff of a varied kind) was quite common.

Why is it that some towns have outdoor Markets which are like Chirk Car boot whilst others merely offer produce that is available within a 100 yards of the Market anyway?

Has the Market bored the customers who in turn have stayed away and in turn encouraged the remaining traders to also join the club?

Rondetto
    Participant

This is where Mold outdoor market excels. You can buy all the paint you need, clothing, plants, home made pies and deserts, watches and repairs
    mats, rugs and carpets. Wrexham recently has just had plant stalls and the usual meat van.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News