Update on Wrexham shops

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Update on Wrexham shops

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

Marks and Spencer change their opening times from Monday 12th May.
    Monday to Friday they will open at 9am and Saturday at 8pm.
    Yeomans store which was set to close soon has now negotiated a new
    lease contract and will now stay open.
    Thorntons closed on May 3rd and the nearest store in Chester remains open.

AMA Express
    Participant

M&S aren’t going to get much business if they’re not opening ’til 8pm on Saturdays ! ;)

Rondetto
    Participant

Typo: Should read 8am. Well spotted

MP1953
    Participant

For me I had a rare excursion to Chester this morning, called in M&S whilst there and me being a Wrexham born and bred person knew and recognized a lot of the people in there as Wrexham residents….
    Is the writing on the wall for M&S in Wrexham ? :eek:

Rondetto
    Participant

Funny you say that. I have several neighbours who have started shopping in the Chester store since it moved to Eagles Meadow. Myself, I parked at Eagles Meadow a few weeks back and as I was getting my parking ticket and elderly couple approached and asked how much it was. When I said a minimum of £2.50 they got in the car and left saying they weren’t going to pay that for about 15 minutes of shopping.

MP1953
    Participant

Yes Rondetto, but it is actually worse than that, because if you have a bus pass (which a big majority of M&S shoppers have) you can go to Chester completely free cross the road, shop in M&S and get the bus back..
    The alternative is get a bus to King Street trek down to Eagles Meadow, do your shopping and trapse back to King Street carrying your ladened shopping bags, so that is what is happening in the real world… :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rondetto
    Participant

Good point.

justjojo2011
    Participant

That’s not strictly true, and I don’t mean about the bus to Chester.

Anyone with a bus pass can indeed get the bus into town, but they can get the 8, 42,41, 146 and I believe the 15 now also goes to Eagles meadow. There is no lack of buses that service Eagles Meadow and Market Street so none has to walk to and from King Street.

@MP1953 12910 wrote:

Yes Rondetto, but it is actually worse than that, because if you have a bus pass (which a big majority of M&S shoppers have) you can go to Chester completely free cross the road, shop in M&S and get the bus back..
    The alternative is get a bus to King Street trek down to Eagles Meadow, do your shopping and trapse back to King Street carrying your ladened shopping bags, so that is what is happening in the real world… :rolleyes::rolleyes:

99DylanJones
    Participant

Another element is that if someone is retired a shopping trip to Chester also has a social element– nice ride, no charge, easy shopping in large variety of shops.

DaveW
    Participant

@Rondetto 12909 wrote:

Funny you say that. I have several neighbours who have started shopping in the Chester store since it moved to Eagles Meadow. Myself, I parked at Eagles Meadow a few weeks back and as I was getting my parking ticket and elderly couple approached and asked how much it was. When I said a minimum of £2.50 they got in the car and left saying they weren’t going to pay that for about 15 minutes of shopping.

and therein lies the folly of Eagles Meadow, what a bloody pink elephant it has become. A lot of people need to hang their heads in shame over this, it has destroyed Wrexham town centre. The council were all warned this would happen !

Mind you M&S management are not blameless either, ignoring their loyal customers wishes, shame on you M&S too.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News