Unnecessary work.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Unnecessary work.

• Author

dagg
    Participant

@Andy 20023 wrote:

Abbey road, Wrexham industrial estate.

Thanks.

Sheefag
    Participant

Is it just me?

abbey-road-image-2-27942899.jpg

AMA Express
    Participant

@Sheefag 20028 wrote:

Is it just me?[/quote]

Probably.

Ferret
    Participant

@Sheefag 20028 wrote:

Is it just me?

abbey-road-image-2-27942899.jpg

That Beetle looks like it needs a new flux capacitor

AMA Express
    Participant

Don’t be silly. It’s the broken Toggle Floggle that’s stopping it going into warp-drive.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Ten years ago I stopped taking my car to a garage in Hope because of charging for screenwash. I never complained – just knew where I stood on the “mug’o’meter” and took my business elsewhere.

Andy
    Participant

I wouldn’t even trust KwikFit to put tyres on my car without “making” some work on the car.
    I’m old enough to remember Taurus, Apples car clinic, Stop n Steer crooks that used to infest Pen y Bryn. Halfords have recently vacated the premises.

National tyres offered Oil change for my car, 6 litres synthetic oil and filter for £40. Great I thought. It would cost me that to buy the oil and filter so free change. Not worth getting my hands dirty. Driving home after job and I could smell oil. They had left the engine cap off so oil sprayed out and they overfilled the oil which didn’t look too clean. Probably not drained correctly. So I had to do it myself and put £40 down to experience.

Nothing beats “Word of Mouth” There are a few great garages out there in Wrexham. Owner taxi drivers like will know a few places.

michellecook
    Participant

My car needed 2 new tyres so I went online and booked Kwikfit Mobile. You pay in advance and the fitting is free if you order 2 or more tyres. The guy who came out was very pleasant and the job was done within 20 minutes, he does carry out a safety check on all 4 tyres but didn’t try to sell me anything. Will definitely be doing that when needed in future, so much easier than going to the garage.

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

I think the Council MOT centre is one of the things going in the budget cuts, bit short sighted really, with better advertising and a modest price rise it could be a money spinner.

Born Acorn
    Participant
    michellecook;20055 wrote:
    My car needed 2 new tyres so I went online and booked Kwikfit Mobile. You pay in advance and the fitting is free if you order 2 or more tyres. The guy who came out was very pleasant and the job was done within 20 minutes, he does carry out a safety check on all 4 tyres but didn’t try to sell me anything. Will definitely be doing that when needed in future, so much easier than going to the garage.

Same – I needed all four doing though! It was quick and efficient, not needing any time out of work; and since there’s nothing in the van other than tyres, they can’t sell you anything.

That being said I had some bodywork done at VW, and they said all my brakes were close to perishing. So I did the free brake check at Kwik-Fit, and they said nothing needed changing!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Removing fly-tipping cost Wrexham Council £21,500 last year

News

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News