Unlucky for some- Deputy Mayors comment at Council Meeting

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Unlucky for some- Deputy Mayors comment at Council Meeting

• Author

Liz Jackson
    Participant

Can I suggest that people listen to the webcast of the Council Meeting between Item 12 and 13 and listen to the Chief Executive and Deputy Mayor who was acting as Chair and his comment about ‘unlucky for some’ .
    Will leave it to the listener to make their own mind up about what it is referring to..
    https://www.wrexham.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/218835

The Monitor
    Participant

I tried watching and listening to that link, but it is another odd circumstance when it comes to Webcasts published by this Council. Item 12 although listed, is not on the webcast. It has obviously been edited out. More devious behaviour by this undemocratic group who have the nerve to call themselves councillors and expect respect from the public.

More and more they show how they are arrogant and out of touch with the electorate.

Liz Jackson
    Participant

The Deputy Mayor introduced item 12 as item 13 so nothing appears to have been edited — the overheard comments can be heard if you listen to the beginning of Item 13 when there is a pause whilst senior officers rejoin the meeting.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=109652]Can I suggest that people listen to the webcast of the Council Meeting between Item 12 and 13 and listen to the Chief Executive and Deputy Mayor who was acting as Chair and his comment about ‘unlucky for some’ .
    Will leave it to the listener to make their own mind up about what it is referring to..
    https://www.wrexham.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/218835

[/quote]
    Liz I suspect the ” unlucky for some” was probably a reference to the fairly constant 13 opposition votes. Some may feel the ” unlucky ” part of the meeting was that the debate and vote on the Groves ,
    that the people of Wrexham really wanted was ” Kayoed by the constitution,no wonder it was suggested it needs a complete overhaul.
    It could not be that the powers that be did not want ALL councillors to vote on this -which may not have been 13 . Unfortunate rather than unlucky!

Daave63
    Participant

Could it just refer to ‘unlucky for some – number 13’? As in Bingo or Friday perhaps?

Other shock headlines and their true meaning :-

* I overheard some one say ‘the Leader is rubbish!!’ A reference to the local daily rag of course!
    * No change to Bin Collections over Easter period – good service as always I hear you shout!
    * There is road chaos in Wrexham, hours wasted in a jam – yer at peak times it can be, so avoid these pinch-points at peak times dimwit!
    * WAG waste £0.5 million on arts hub outrage!! – No WAG give £0.5 million that can only be used to fund arts hub.
    * I bored, I’m going for me tea!! – no really I am.

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

It’s amazing that comments ‘off meeting’ can be heard but very often the actual Member speakers cannot be either on the webcam or if you sit in the Public Gallery. The Council really need to get their PA system sorted

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News