Unfinished Industrial Estate Link Road

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Unfinished Industrial Estate Link Road

• Author

store4sure
    Participant

I thought it was too good to be true. As suspected Bryn Lane is due to be closed again on 14th August. Why can’t the contractors get their act together and finish just one section at a time instead of closing multiple roads at the same time.

For the last few days Bryn Estyn Road has been restricted by traffic lights and yet nobody has been working there until this morning. Abenbury Way was also closed today from the roundabout and as far as I can see it is only one guy doing some work to the grass verge but he has left his trailer in the roadway rather than moving it a bit further down the road so people can pass it without the need for another un-advertised detour.

Is anyone else fed up with the lack of notice about road closures and the poor diversion signs or perhaps you are also puzzled by the crazy way this new link road has been constructed. I invite your comments.

cmaj76
    Participant

I’m really annoyed, as I posted in another thread.

I can’t beleive the council’s back slapping and congratulating each other on finishing the road early, when it is plain to see that the road is not finished and does not look like it will be for some time.

Rob
    Participant

We have asked the council for more info on this… update when we get it!

wrexview
    Participant

And the work goes on! Wrexham Golf Club now have a tall green netting screen erected to prevent golf balls landing on the carriage way. The old junction, by the Waterways Garden Centre , at Holt Road and Hugmore Lane is being redesigned , the permanent traffic lights have been removed and the road narrowed and reverting to a normal T junction.

Rob
    Participant

In terms of the netting – we covered the planning application for that back in June – Safety Net Plan For Rogue Drivers On New Link Road | Wrexham.com

wrexview
    Participant

Anyone else noticed the groups of neatly packed shiny black plastic bags along the new road by the golf club netting? What do they contain ?

angryShopper
    Participant

@wrexview 3436 wrote:

Anyone else noticed the groups of neatly packed shiny black plastic bags along the new road by the golf club netting? What do they contain ?

3 possibles

1. Sapplings
    2. extra drainage
    3. Electronics (addiotion lights, safty cameras, etc etc.

Oh and mystery 4 5 6 (unlikly)

4. art instillation
    5. series of large explosives
    6. creative fly tipping ( this can combo with 4)

Born Acorn
    Participant

There is a lot of planting going on right now on all the works – so most likely related to that I imagine.

wrexview
    Participant

That is possible, I noticed some tree planting on another part of the road.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News