Ty Pawb web site

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ty Pawb web site

• Author

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

Having scanned through the new Ty Pawb web site there are a number of things that are astonishing:

1. Made in Cardiff- why of why have the Council going to a Cardiff based web company- we have many exceptional web designer in the Wrexham area that have won awards for their work.

2. Welsh – Welsh is supposed to have equal prominence yet to find the translation button you have to scroll almost to the very bottom of the page to find it. This is completely against the Welsh Language Commissioners Standards that Local Authorities should adhere to — some of the translation appears to have been done on Google translate as there are a number of errors.

3. Accessibility check – running an accessibility checker on the site shows a number of quite basic errors around layout colours and the very stupid moving graphic on the home page that will be a major issue for anyone with any visual problems.

4. Stallholders – if the information on the site is the best that can be done to promote the business at Ty Pawb then the stall holders better get together themselves soon as there is virtually nothing on the site that would lead the public to visit.

The Council can’t turn around and say the site is work in progress when they have had two years lead in time to get the site and the rest of their marketing together – looks like traders will have to go it alone.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Not visited the website yet but can anybody please tell me why it’s been painted black and grey??
    I can only assume that somebody got a job lot of cheap WWII paint from a former Wehrmacht Quartermaster.
    As I was walking into town recently from the direction of Bodhyfryd I couldn’t help but notice that the building bears a resemblance to the Guard Tower at Dachau Concentration Camp(yes, I’ve been, sadly).

Please do something about the terribly drab and depressing colour scheme, it does nothing for the waning image of Wrexham town.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

[quote quote=148947]Not visited the website yet but can anybody please tell me why it’s been painted black and grey??
    I can only assume that somebody got a job lot of cheap WWII paint from a former Wehrmacht Quartermaster.
    As I was walking into town recently from the direction of Bodhyfryd I couldn’t help but notice that the building bears a resemblance to the Guard Tower at Dachau Concentration Camp(yes, I’ve been, sadly).

Please do something about the terribly drab and depressing colour scheme, it does nothing for the waning image of Wrexham town.[/quote]

Really? I think one is depressing, oppressive and has a sense of doom hanging over it ….

and the other is in Germany.

Sheefag
    Participant

Jesus! What a shower of miserable, moaning gets.

No bloody wonder that Cardiff gets all of the good stuff.

‘Wrexham, Wales’s Capital of Pie & Chips Towns’

ChillDoubt
    Participant

LOL at Owain Glyndwr.

Sheefag,
    But can you honestly say that the colour scheme is appealing or eye-catching?
    As for the rest I can only assume that Cardiff ‘gets all the good stuff’ due to the ineptitude of WCBC, their inability to organise a pillow fight in a dormitory(Ty Pawb looks to be a waste of money already) and the centre of town not 200 yards away from Ty Pawb is a collection of derelict shops!

Whilst walking past it just the other night I couldn’t help but notice the doorway with its freshly splintered glass panel.

Matt
    Participant

Website is structurally very sleek and easy to navigate on mobile (not checked it out on a computer.)

However, content wise they are absolutely having a laugh!

1) As mentioned above, the complete lack of support for the vendors is bordering on an insult. Why is there no specific stallholder/concession directory? Also why are there no profiles of these people – they should be championing them, but instead they have trivialised them.

2) Also when you go to the exhibition section there are no art images – there’s the publicity picture for the current expo, but when you click through for more information – IT’S ALL BLOODY TEXT – who tries to sell a visual arts theme on reams of text? Likewise just text and no images for future expos.

I can’t even be bothered to go into further critique, they are just trying to cause physical and psychological harm with Ty Pawb. It’s the only answer – it’s some kind of town punishment.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Here is the contrast between Chetsres Community Art venue https://www.storyhouse.com/
    and Wrexham Ty Pawb – https://www.wrexham.com/?s=ty+pawb&post_type=post&order_by=date/

Make your own mind up about the difference – one is a vibrant venue with really ‘punchy’ marketing giving clear information about activity vs ???

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=149045]LOL at Owain Glyndwr.

Sheefag,
    But can you honestly say that the colour scheme is appealing or eye-catching?
    As for the rest I can only assume that Cardiff ‘gets all the good stuff’ due to the ineptitude of WCBC, their inability to organise a pillow fight in a dormitory(Ty Pawb looks to be a waste of money already) and the centre of town not 200 yards away from Ty Pawb is a collection of derelict shops!

Whilst walking past it just the other night I couldn’t help but notice the doorway with its freshly splintered glass panel.[/quote]

Are we talking about the building itself here or the website?
    The décor on the outside of the building is actually something I quite like. Before Tŷ Pawb, IMO the market had really ugly, tacky blue window frames. Blue is my favourite colour but that shade of blue just looked cheap and nasty. Therefore I approve of the new exterior décor, in that I think it is an improvement on its previous décor. I don’t think it will last, of course. The paint will start peeling off the window frames at some point. And the inside is reminiscent of Prisoner Cell Block H.

Sheefag
    Participant

Great suggestion bubble. What this town needs is a ‘Bea Smith’ as Mayor, wandering the streets and belting people.
    Clacking Wrexham back to success, one miscreant at a time.

zinger
    Participant

It is pretty bad but I assume that it is a work in progress.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News

A view from Sam Rowlands – Welsh Conservative North Wales Member of the Senedd

News

“It is not for local authorities to fund local or national print media”, says Senedd committee

News

Over 6,000 illegal vapes seized in Wrexham in Trading Standards crackdown

News