Ty Pawb – Very disappointed :-(

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ty Pawb – Very disappointed :-(

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think Ty Pawb is a great place

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=153667]Just been alerted to the Trip advisor reviews of Ty Pawb. Bearing in mind that this has become the bible for people planning trips (in some quarters), it was worrying to note that Ty Pawb does not even make the Top 50 of visitor attractions to the town, has mustered up a mere 5 reviews, and one of them absolutely scathing.

If that was my project, every member of staff responsible for that lady’s poor experience would be gone……never to return. Worth a look[/quote]

It’s quite funny that since Alun mentioned this 4 days ago – 12 positive rave reviews – mostly 5 star have suddenly popped up from nowhere. Seems a little bit forced, coordinated and non-organic. Perhaps someone from within Ty Pawb media team asking friends or on a Facebook group to post up top reviews to boost ratings. Funny how nobody could be bothered to write anything up about it in months then a light is shone onto this fact on every lurker’s favourite grapevine (these forums).

Let’s see how many more sudden top quality location reviews end up on there in the next few weeks so that they can artificially inflate their standing.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Matt – I fully agree with your assumption that the ‘rave’ reviews are being driven by those connected with Ty Pawb. Next thing is we will probably see large numbers of postings on Tripadvisor as someone within the Council buys the reviews which are a known fact about how this service works to boose a businesses ratings.

At a time of Social Media being the way to get the message out, how often are they Tweeting etc to keep the profile up — irrespective of what people think about the place their marketing officer should be working overtime to try and boost the profile…

MP1953
    Participant

Apparently it was very busy the other Saturday, I spoke to someone who went and they said it was all very good, but it is not sustainable to get people there every day of the week, but everyone knew that from the start didn’t they ?

Councillor X
    Participant

Maybe Ty Pawb is not the failure that (most) members of this forum wanted it to be.

jimbow
    Participant

Maybe Councillor X could it be you writing the rave reviews? I disagree with your comment that (most) members of this forum wanted it to be a failure. I did not want it to fail, but at the same time, I thought that it was money being thrown down the drain. Time will tell the real outcome. It will be interesting to read the 6 month comparison of figures against the figures published in the Fourth Street Report when they come before Scrutiny in Nov/Dec.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Councilor X – maybe you would like us all to meet at Ty Pawb for a coffee to give them some trade

Council Watcher
    Participant

What has happened to the committee that was supposed to be formed from people in the community? The Council advertised for people with expertise to offer their time for free to support the management of TY Pawb- this still does not seem to have happened- is this an example of the Council not wishing to share their inner failings on this project with others.

In the Council work programme a report will be presented in September but no doubt there will be a reason why it is delayed or so watered down that it is not worth the paper it is written on.

The Council are still saying the empty units are ‘under offer’ yet that has been the case for months.

Alunh
    Participant

Nice of Matt to reveal the power that I now appear to have at my fingertips (lol). I’m actually pleased that someone has got off their backside and posted a few positive reviews even if they are all insiders. I do actually want the place to succeed and Trip Advisor reviews are a must for places that actively seek tourists coming to a town armed with little info.

Might get around to posting a few favourable reviews of my own shop if I get the chance

Sheefag
    Participant

Here we go Alun….

http://www.toiletinspector.com/

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Ty Pawb – Very disappointed :-(’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Removing fly-tipping cost Wrexham Council £21,500 last year

News

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News