Ty Pawb – success

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ty Pawb – success

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

There was an excellent programme on TV this week showing how the Royal Academy in London works. Apparently in the early 1970’s it was so impoverished it sold some valuable art works, it doesn’t receive any government finance. It has been saved mainly by the introduction of “Friends of the Royal Academy” they have 100,000 members who pay £100 per year. Now that’s London prices but perhaps a similar set up “Friends of Ty Pawb” could be formed.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=149164]There was an excellent programme on TV this week showing how the Royal Academy in London works. Apparently in the early 1970’s it was so impoverished it sold some valuable art works, it doesn’t receive any government finance. It has been saved mainly by the introduction of “Friends of the Royal Academy” they have 100,000 members who pay £100 per year. Now that’s London prices but perhaps a similar set up “Friends of Ty Pawb” could be formed.[/quote]

All ratepayers are friends of Ty Pawb the problem is Ty Pawb is not the friend of all ratepayers.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Very well said Jimbow – based on a £300k+ deficit paid for by ratepayers we are already paying. If I was a ‘Friend of Ty Pawb’ based on what is there at present I would be looking as quick as possible to find the ‘unfriend’button the same as on Facebook.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=149172]Very well said Jimbow – based on a £300k+ deficit paid for by ratepayers we are already paying. If I was a ‘Friend of Ty Pawb’ based on what is there at present I would be looking as quick as possible to find the ‘unfriend’button the same as on Facebook.[/quote]

I agree. jimbow hit the nail squarely on the head.

sausagemuncher
    Participant

ooooo Bore off! change the record and embrace it. I assume you lot are from the “back in my day” & “it’s not like it used to be” club! Perhaps instead of winging about it , you actually went there spent, some money and at least looked like you were having a good time the place will thrive and flourish! It’s here nowt and you can do about it. so enjoy it!

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=149668]ooooo Bore off! change the record and embrace it. I assume you lot are from the “back in my day” & “it’s not like it used to be” club! Perhaps instead of winging about it , you actually went there spent, some money and at least looked like you were having a good time the place will thrive and flourish! It’s here nowt and you can do about it. so enjoy it![/quote]

WOW. I have been there and I’m not impressed at all. So don’t have a rant at people who have been there having a moan about the money the council are wasting.

Matt
    Participant

Ty Pawb, the gift that keeps on giving. Still at the heart of Wrexham Council’s massive Fuster Cluck of things going wrong left, right and centre.

Sheefag
    Participant

You’re wasting your time sausagemuncher. There be nought but a shower of MISERABLE GETS about these parts.

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

[quote quote=149676]

ooooo Bore off! change the record and embrace it. I assume you lot are from the “back in my day” & “it’s not like it used to be” club! Perhaps instead of winging about it , you actually went there spent, some money and at least looked like you were having a good time the place will thrive and flourish! It’s here nowt and you can do about it. so enjoy it!

WOW. I have been there and I’m not impressed at all. So don’t have a rant at people who have been there having a moan about the money the council are wasting.[/quote]

But it’s something positive, how could people possibly cope! I often wonder if these people moaning would only stop if Wrexham became the place they ‘supposedly’ don’t want to see it become. Get with the times, stop being an arm chair politician all you are doing is dragging the town down!

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

speakingthetruth — if you are going to pay my portion of the rates to support this failing ‘icon’ then yes I wi stop moaning until then as a ratepayer I have a purpose for not supporting this cash cow that we are all going to be paying for in years to come. Get real places like this only survive if they have a decent offering and make money- neither of these is true for Ty Pawb.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News