Ty Pawb – success

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ty Pawb – success

• Author

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=148513][quote. I walked to the end of the entrance ‘corridor’ until I could look past what appeared to be some sort of caravan made out of corrugated steel (is this art? or?), <ahref=”https://www.wrexham.com/?s=ty+pawb&post_type=post&order_by=date/” rel=”nofollow”>https://www.wrexham.com/?s=ty+pawb&post_type=post&order_by=date/

Could it be they are waiting for a fortune teller to take up residence.[/quote]

Your guess is as good as mine!
    I was just writing on another thread and realised that Tŷ Pawb’s interior decor reminds me of Prisoner Cell Block H.

Matt
    Participant

They need one of those Zoltar machines next to it like they have in Llandudno, reminds me of the film Big!

Zoltar

Council Watcher
    Participant

It will make a good laser quest games one or even better indoor paintballing where the paint splats on the walls would be the new art features!!

JaneJ
    Participant

I went to Ty Pawb yesterday and had a good catch up with a school friend who has a stall and had one in the old Peoples Market. I thought I’d have to go get a packet of Kleenex. She was saying that the customer count is down 80% on what it was for similar period two years ago and her takings are 30% below break even (not even a profit for her working over 45 hours a week.
    She is hoping the Bank Holiday may improve trade but was worried that if the weather was too nice no one would want to come to an indoor location.
    Her plan is to hang on in their till the Bank Holiday at the end of the month before handing back her lease if there is no improvement as she can’t afford to use any more savings.
    She said the traders are trying to get an urgent meeting with the Council Officers and Members to see if there could be a hold off period for paying rent for three months and improve the marketing and signage around town to see if things improve as she is not the only one in this position.
    It is really sad that someone who set their sights on being part of a new venture is now feeling so despondent and disillusioned.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=148633]I went to Ty Pawb yesterday and had a good catch up with a school friend who has a stall and had one in the old Peoples Market. I thought I’d have to go get a packet of Kleenex. She was saying that the customer count is down 80% on what it was for similar period two years ago and her takings are 30% below break even (not even a profit for her working over 45 hours a week.
    She is hoping the Bank Holiday may improve trade but was worried that if the weather was too nice no one would want to come to an indoor location.
    Her plan is to hang on in their till the Bank Holiday at the end of the month before handing back her lease if there is no improvement as she can’t afford to use any more savings.
    She said the traders are trying to get an urgent meeting with the Council Officers and Members to see if there could be a hold off period for paying rent for three months and improve the marketing and signage around town to see if things improve as she is not the only one in this position.
    It is really sad that someone who set their sights on being part of a new venture is now feeling so despondent and disillusioned.[/quote]

It is sad, but everyone, but everyone, apart from the people who tried to convince people that “the king was wearing clothes” forecast what was going to happen!

jimbow
    Participant

When the Arts Hub Project first came before the Executive Board the Lead Member Cllr Hugh Jones made the comment that the Market would only lose 14 stalls due to this re development.

At that time the Peoples Market had 85 stalls, so to lose 14 was neither here nor there. I believed that somebody somewhere had been given wrong information, to lose only 14 stalls was not possible with the size of what was being proposed.

I sent an e mail to Cllr. Jones pointing out that I thought the figures were wrong. The reply that I received back said we will have to wait and see.

I would respectfully suggest that the Council wished to ignore any observations that would throw a dampener on their visions of grandeur.

Adam
    Participant

Wasn’t there supposed to be a roof terrace to take advantage of occasional good weather..?

Council Watcher
    Participant

Rooftop garden and cinema screen scraped at an early stage due to cost and limited nice weather!

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=148656]Rooftop garden and cinema screen scraped at an early stage due to cost and limited nice weather![/quote]

Imagine the numbers who’d have gone there this weekend. Everyone will have to go to Set the Bar instead.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=148657]

Rooftop garden and cinema screen scraped at an early stage due to cost and limited nice weather!

Imagine the numbers who’d have gone there this weekend. Everyone will have to go to Set the Bar instead.[/quote]

Set the Bar closed until Tuesday according to the website,

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News