Ty Pawb – success

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ty Pawb – success

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

Contestants limber up for the all Wales freestyle arm wresting knockouts..

Sheefag
    Participant

And a performance artist is seen here, reviving the ancient Wrexham friday night sport of ‘accusing strangers of looking at him and offering them outside’.

Lovely to see the young ones keeping the old traditions alive.

Sheefag
    Participant

Ty Pawb has been chosen to host this years, ‘Ear Trumpet Of The North’ competition.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=149791]And a performance artist is seen here, reviving the ancient Wrexham friday night sport of ‘accusing strangers of looking at him and offering them outside’.

Lovely to see the young ones keeping the old traditions alive.

[/quote]

We have a winner here. Funny as hell!

bubble
    Participant

I just can’t get over how sh*t the place looks. I was expecting smooth plain white walls, some decoration, an artistic space that was in itself neutral and uncluttered so as to emphasise the art pieces or other events being staged. It just looks so messy and amateurish. I honestly find myself wondering what all the money was spent on.

bubble
    Participant

And WTF is that corrugated iron caravan supposed to be for?

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=149801]I just can’t get over how sh*t the place looks. I was expecting smooth plain white walls, some decoration, an artistic space that was in itself neutral and uncluttered so as to emphasise the art pieces or other events being staged. It just looks so messy and amateurish. I honestly find myself wondering what all the money was spent on.[/quote]

Is there a way of finding out specifically where the millions invested into this project went? I mean, I expected the white walls art gallery vibe and that on opening day it would look lovely, but I still didn’t think Tý Bach would be a success. I suppose I thought the council’s commitment to it was due to delusions of grandeur. But I never imagined it was going to look this bad. It really is shocking to me – and that’s quite an achievement in my eyes for Wrexham Council who, in my opinion, already set the bar very low.

I feel similarly about the area around the bus station – that monochrome paving and weird planters. I wonder whether the council was duped into thinking it looked hip and modern, or whether they are duping us into believing it is hip and modern and cost what they said it did (and was worth every penny).

I also wonder about housing planning decisions. E.g. when a council officer recommends/ agrees/ approves another HMO for substance abuse people in Wrexham town. I can’t for the life of me understand why things are approved anymore.

I honestly wonder whether there are backhanders.

Council Watcher
    Participant

The biggest issue on this project and other large ones run by the Council is that they don’t have commercial lawyers to scrutinise contract from the ‘bid suppliers’ which then result in things you would expect to be included being identified too late to find they don’t exist.
    With the amount of work that has taken place post opening of Ty Pawb, there should have been a significant claw back against contract value for non-completion- apparently, the Council have had no contract fee reduction or compensation.

jimbow
    Participant

What I could not understand was the Council turfed out stallholders end of December 2016, in order that the work could be completed one month earlier than an original opening date of January 2018.
    It eventually opened in April 2018 and was handed over unfinished.
    I just hope that the contractors are not given any more Council business.

Council Watcher
    Participant

The moving out of the stall holders was more a tossing out – basically, some officers and Council Members did not want them as they did not fit the’image’ of an Arts Hub.
    Might be a bit tongue in cheek but some of the stallholders stalls were a piece of art in their own right — Jim’s furniture stall could give Tracey Emin’s The Bed a run for her money
    https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9d/Emin-My-Bed.jpg/260px-Emin-My-Bed.jpg&imgrefurl=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Bed&h=187&w=260&tbnid=MlPkTIWb4G2y6M:&q=My+Bed&tbnh=144&tbnw=200&usg=__VmnkCOLB24tMndegIAjiXMTLhGY%3D&vet=10ahUKEwi0puOPzavbAhWlLsAKHVsFBKAQ_B0IyAEwDQ..i&docid=152-7G2BteawFM&itg=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0puOPzavbAhWlLsAKHVsFBKAQ_B0IyAEwDQ

The sweet stall looked like a mini version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – Mike Mullen and his magic Carpet stall have flown back but his wings have been clipped and have to stay in his little stall.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News