Ty Pawb – success

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ty Pawb – success

• Author

Liz Jackson
    Participant

Well, I thought I would put an attention-grabbing headline in line with the distortion that seems to have appeared on some Facebook sites that have clearly got an Admin that ‘censors’ any negative comments about Wrexham even when there are facts to back up.

To move forward with Ty Pawb or any other facility/service people have got to have an open dialogue even though views may differ. You can only make changes if views are sought from a diverse range of people and don’t accept everything is rosy in the garden and walk around with blinkers

Spin on stories at a local level like this has no place in our communities. It’s bad enough when the Council does it but when it creeps into Community Social Media and local news shows contempt for the very people who can make a success of something – The Public

R T
    Keymaster

There are some quite amusingly bad facebook pages/groups out there in terms of spin/censorship etc but as you say that is in the gifts of the admins – but for the record nothing has been spun / censored on here.

As for other local news, I would note despite updating for various things Wrexham related today it seems the Leader / Post have not covered today on the day, or Thursday on the day – ITV Wales nowhere, but thankfully the BBC have this indepth report http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-43611038

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=147135]There are some quite amusingly bad facebook pages/groups out there in terms of spin/censorship etc but as you say that is in the gifts of the admins – but for the record nothing has been spun / censored on here.

As for other local news, I would note despite updating for various things Wrexham related today it seems the Leader / Post have not covered today on the day, or Thursday on the day – ITV Wales nowhere, but thankfully the BBC have this indepth report http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-43611038[/quote]

A success. Do you really believe that? Yes for a one day event it’s debatable but long term it definately won’t work….you know that

Matt
    Participant

To be fair Rob does allow us to make our share of comments on Ty Pawb on here – such a massively discussed topic. Google has to list an aggregate of all the relevant threads from Wrexham.com when you search Ty Pawb – it comes up as the 4th hit.

Nigel Lewis on the other hand (he was mentioned in the other thread as a key Ty Pawb promoter and I mention his name as he’s group admin) on Wrexham Town Matters has completely lost the plot. He is becoming increasingly irritated by the non praise singing posts on his Ty Pawb photos. He’s stating he is deleting any posts that include swearing (fair enough) and any that mention political parties (why?). What he is allowing is personal attacks on members of the public who criticise Ty Pawb. I mentioned it in the other thread but it’s getting worse.

Because people are seeing that organisers and Nigel are having a go at the Ty Pawb critics other group members think that it’s completely acceptable to hurl insults and abuse about. It’s got to the point where earlier (I’m not sure if it has been removed now) someone who stated they were a wheelchair user expressed reservations amongst other concerns about whether or not they’d be able to use the venue okay so weren’t sure about visiting only to get a complete stranger tell them their depressing type were better off staying indoors and not coming to Ty Pawb as they clearly had no idea about enjoying life. Now I’m not sure if that was specifically discriminatory remarks aimed at someone disabled but reading the multi-post exchange, I felt like it was a bit close to the mark and uncomfortable as it was definitely a personal attack, an ad-hominem, when the original comment was aimed at a building and not a person.

There’s just something in the water at the moment, I’ve seen enough nonsense in the mainstream media every day in terms of personal attacks. Now the default stance seems for people to be utterly vitriolic online, when quite frankly they wouldn’t say boo to a church mouse physically in person.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Ty Pawb – success — Who for?
    Looks like anyone who wants a Night Club venue when the art element ceases to attract

Advisory Group — what has happened to the appointment of people to the Advisory Group- if they had been appointed I’m sure they would have been paraded around yesterday. Without people with an ounce of commercial understanding, the Council Members will block any free speech from their officers to ensure the party line of everything being wonderful is adhered to.

Public Health Inspections- did all the food outlets actually have their Food Hygiene rating certificate in place as they did not seem to be on display- (oh I almost forgot the Council needed them open for the launch so they will inspect at a later stage!) – Is this true or false -could Andy Gallanders or Alex Jones enlighten us on this one.

Listening to the comments about only one door in and out of the performance space – if this is the case what about in an emergency?

Looking at the picture of Cllr Terry Evans, Ronnie Prince and Andrew Atkinson not being able to reach the floor with their feet typifies the Council as not being grounded with feet firmly on the ground for the project.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=147135]There are some quite amusingly bad facebook pages/groups out there in terms of spin/censorship etc but as you say that is in the gifts of the admins – but for the record nothing has been spun / censored on here.

As for other local news, I would note despite updating for various things Wrexham related today it seems the Leader / Post have not covered today on the day, or Thursday on the day – ITV Wales nowhere, but thankfully the BBC have this indepth report http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-43611038[/quote]

Just an update, the Leader did do a piece today on it however the lack of sending a reporter the 196 meters was evident in using 5 day old quotes from the other opening no reporters went to either.

“Wrexham Council deputy leader Cllr Hugh Jones, who unveiled the official plaque … ”

He cut the ribbon on Monday, and unveiled the plaque on Thursday. The report on Thursday said the Mayor did that, although he was there then, he was absent on Monday but that is for another thread on civic roles :)

The opening looks like it got a mention on the Post’s Live Blog, but did not merit an article.

I would look some more, but “The household items found to be riddled with poo bacteria will shock you” has sucked me in to click on the Post’s website…

speakeroftruth
    Participant

The small town sheriffs should be ashamed of themselves for wasting money on this embarrassing joke
    I optimistically gave it 6 months
    Hopefully in retrospect I give it 6 weeks

Rondetto
    Participant

It’s a shambles, you are being optimistic even with giving it 6 weeks. It was empty at lunch time today. It is a total embarrassment to the town.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The embarrassment of the stark, unwelcoming and austere Ty Pawb continues – as predicted. Without another injection of £1.5 million of our money it will be lucky to see the year out. However, do not despair, the council have advertised an 11.4% increase in ‘footfall’ during 2017. Unfortunately, I think they were counting people tripping over the homeless in every empty shop doorway.

wrexview
    Participant

Love the multicoloured piano , just need a few people to play us some tunes , looks like anyone can have a go.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News