Ty Pawb – Discount for Council Staff!!!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ty Pawb – Discount for Council Staff!!!!!!

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

Sorry to start a new thread but thought the folwing warranted being highlighted. This is direct from the Council website so can someone please explain to me why Council staff should get a 10% discount on the products in the Shop at Ty Pawb. I presume this also means Council Members?? Why should the people that we employ as ratepayers have discount — are there other discounts on offer from the food and stall outlets — someone from the Council needs to make a statement now or the public should start to boycott a location where such discount is being offered.

https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/community/arts_centre/shop.htm (scroll to the very bottom of this screenshot)

Oriel Wrecsam – siop//shop
    siop//shop
    11 Chester Street,
    Wrexham
    LL13 8BE

‘Siop//Shop’ stocks a range of visual and applied arts from local makers and artists as well as a diverse range of designers from across the UK. A seasonally curated selection of books, prints, ceramics, jewellery and giftware to complement our ongoing exhibitions and projects will be displayed in a contemporary, warm and friendly environment

Our ethos is grounded in a simple idea that better living is possible through design.

Opening Times
    10:00-16:00 Monday-Saturday

General admission to our exhibitions is free.

We now offer a 10% discount to all WCBC staff.

Councillor X
    Participant

Thank you I will pop in later.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=147168]Thank you I will pop in later.[/quote]

It will go with the discount you get on parking.

Daave63
    Participant

10%, So what, all council staff get free poll tax and finish at 1pm on a Friday!✌

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=147176]

Thank you I will pop in later.

It will go with the discount you get on parking.[/quote]

Discount = A deduction from the usual cost of something.
    Free = Given or available without charge.

PS The ‘free’ parking is under debate this month for Councillors and Top Managers so you never know Jimbow.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News