Tŷ Pawb (merged mega thread)

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Tŷ Pawb (merged mega thread)

• Author

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=144445]Don’t be scared of culture people! You may enjoy it[/quote]

No problem with culture, if it does not effect front line services. Everything has a purpose it’s just the cost.

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

[quote quote=144447]

Don’t be scared of culture people! You may enjoy it

No problem with culture, if it does not effect front line services. Everything has a purpose it’s just the cost.[/quote]

Valid point but we are becoming a stagnant town, forgotten by Cardiff, lack of interest with our MP and AM. Something had to give we have a real lack of new initiative culture, sure we’ve got heritage but to go forward we need a base to entice the arts here. It’s valuable for our future generations, hopefully in time it will prove a real asset to the town and in turn boost our economy. I haven’t seen anything that indicates Ty Pawb has taken money away from frontline services.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=144424]If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say it at all.[/quote]

I’m not a child bound by rule. I’ll say whatever I feel like. If my opinion is that you are retarded, I’ll state that. The same way you state your opinion (not fact) that you think Ty Pawb is “failing”.

How it can fail when it’s not even open yet is an emxemplary sample of twisting logic to suit your needs.

jimbow
    Participant

The Council have put in £1.5 million into this project. Plus the Council have given car park revenue to Ty Pawb. Plus the Council have given the rent revenue from the surrounding shops to Ty Pawb. Plus the Council will have to subsidise this project for up to 10 years. This is all revenue that could have been used for front line services. You may not have seen anything that indicates Ty Pawb has taken money away from frontline services, but they are using the revenue generated from car parking/shops previously used for frontline services for Ty Pawb.

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

[quote quote=144458]The Council have put in £1.5 million into this project. Plus the Council have given car park revenue to Ty Pawb. Plus the Council have given the rent revenue from the surrounding shops to Ty Pawb. Plus the Council will have to subsidise this project for up to 10 years. This is all revenue that could have been used for front line services. You may not have seen anything that indicates Ty Pawb has taken money away from frontline services, but they are using the revenue generated from car parking/shops previously used for frontline services for Ty Pawb.[/quote]

I’m confused on the Rent revenues aren’t they privately owned buildings? Business rate go to the Welsh Government? I also thought parking revenues went back into transport department coffers. You could be right but as I’ve said I’ve seen nothing on the contrary and highly doubt these revenues contributed to frontline services. Must be remindful that a lot of scaremongering appears around budgets as people like to use it as a political weapon.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=144461]

The Council have put in £1.5 million into this project. Plus the Council have given car park revenue to Ty Pawb. Plus the Council have given the rent revenue from the surrounding shops to Ty Pawb. Plus the Council will have to subsidise this project for up to 10 years. This is all revenue that could have been used for front line services. You may not have seen anything that indicates Ty Pawb has taken money away from frontline services, but they are using the revenue generated from car parking/shops previously used for frontline services for Ty Pawb.

I’m confused on the Rent revenues aren’t they privately owned buildings? Business rate go to the Welsh Government? I also thought parking revenues went back into transport department coffers. You could be right but as I’ve said I’ve seen nothing on the contrary and highly doubt these revenues contributed to frontline services. Must be remindful that a lot of scaremongering appears around budgets as people like to use it as a political weapon.[/quote]

The rent revenue is for the 13 units in the North and South arcades quoted in the Fourth Street Report as creating £70,800 of rental income. The car parking in the same report is quoted as creating £60k.

Cllr David Bithell Lead Member for car parks has stated more than once that if car park charges are not increased, front line services will be affected. Given this, if you give £60k from parking revenue to Ty Pawb even if it is out of transport department coffers it will have a knock on effect.

You can put whatever slant you like on it, the end product is the Council are short of money and need to cut services.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=144457]

If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say it at all.

I’m not a child bound by rule. I’ll say whatever I feel like. If my opinion is that you are retarded, I’ll state that. The same way you state your opinion (not fact) that you think Ty Pawb is “failing”.

How it can fail when it’s not even open yet is an emxemplary sample of twisting logic to suit your needs.[/quote]

You can deride vtco all you want but the fact is, that if there would have been a vote by THE people of Wrexham to spend money on the Ty Pawb project it would have been rejected spectacularly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately, the facts indicate the project is failing to inspire the traders of the town, there is no queue to take the stalls. Empty spaces will result in the project failing. Markets are of yesterday and the vast emptiness of town, particularly in the region of the old TJ’s, indicates that this section of town is also not popular. It can be of no surprise that ‘high status’ stalls are not being taken – It would be a very short journey to bankruptcy.

In answer to ‘bubbles’ question – I cannot answer who would take over if the councillors went. The candidates who could offer foresight, would canvass public opinion and deliver a popular multi-million pound project are already gainfully and professionally employed and have no need for an ego trip as may be envisaged by the publicised window cleaner, fireman, barber, hairdresser, signalman or mechanic. If any of these had the necessary skills they would have commercially succeeded already. Perhaps the Council shares the responsibility in allowing the councillors to pursue Ty Pawb via the back passage. My “fake news” as you call it was a prophecy which the very next day turned out to be true, as will my other predictions – unfortunately you don’t have to be any sort of genius to predict Ty Pawb’s failure – my sorrow is limited to the waste of our money. I am very sorry to burst your bubble but facts are facts, either now or in the future…..

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=144415]Are you naturally retarded, were you dropped as an infant, or do you just try really hard?

While you may not wish to patronise it, other people do wish to.

I had thought that it was not a signficantly difficult subject to grasp, but your posts seem to indicate otherwise. Perhaps you could indicate the part of the concept you are having issues with, and we can try to help you out?[/quote]

While I respect your right to express your disagreement with the post, I must object to your use of the word retarded it is not called for.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well said Jimbow – no time for weasely words from the Council. They are panicking, the project is failing to inspire all but a few. They are now throwing money and effort to try and rescue its inevitable demise. Wrexham.com seem to be co-conspiritors in this by only publishing the councils ‘fake good news’ that all is Rosy – the rosy-ness may reflect the councillors faces as the Grand Opening of Ty Pawb and its back passage approaches…

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Natural Resources Wales supporting ‘No Mow May’ campaign to protect pollinators

News

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News