Trevor Basic Parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Trevor Basic Parking

• Author

gardenman
    Participant

Just been down to Trevor to for an evening walk across the aquaduct and along the canal, when did the car park there become a private one that charges, always parked there for free?

For anyone that doesn’t know where i am, its this one here: click here.

Council Watcher
    Participant

It’s not private it belongs to the Council – they started charging a couple of months ago

gardenman
    Participant

hmm, wonder why the chalk board sign said private parking then…

might have to have another wonder down there just re-read the sign, certainly couldn’t see any normal council signs there or meters.

R T
    Keymaster

Just had a pointer on this – it is now run by the Canal and River Trust and there is also one smaller privately run one – by the Chapel possibly?

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/news-and-views/news/more-parking-for-pontcysyllte-aqueduct-visitors

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=153268]Just been down to Trevor to for an evening walk across the aquaduct and along the canal, when did the car park there become a private one that charges, always parked there for free?

For anyone that doesn’t know where i am, its this one here: click here.[/quote]

I doubt very much that anyone patrols it of an evening.

welshyorkie
    Participant

Yes at a cost of 3 pound per day. Most time I have ever been there is about2 hours. But I won’t pay that to park in the future so just won’t go.

Andy
    Participant

Just park on the road by the Telford for free.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Don’t they have a free valet parking?

Last time i went there, a couple of nice lads from Ruabon said they would park my car for me ……

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=153346]Don’t they have a free valet parking?

Last time i went there, a couple of nice lads from Ruabon said they would park my car for me ……[/quote]

And you haven’t seen it since, have you ?

yellowdot
    Participant

The car park you refer to is private. The free car park is the large one at the end of the canal. It cost about £350k to construct and has direct access onto the canal towpath. The one referred to was leased by Wrexham Council until the new one was constructed. It’s now reverted back to private ownership. The problem with parking on the road is it’s causing mayhem at weekends when visitor numbers are high. The new car park is well signposted and convenient.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News