Travellers On Alyn Waters

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Travellers On Alyn Waters

• Author

zinger
    Participant

When the travellers move out & it has all been cleaned up at our expense, I might go to Alyn Waters with my tent for a couple of long weekends. It is a lovely spot where I can take my dog & the children have all that space to play in. Lovely. Anybody else join us. I understand that it isn’t breaking the law.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@zinger 8854 wrote:

When the travellers move out & it has all been cleaned up at our expense, I might go to Alyn Waters with my tent for a couple of long weekends. It is a lovely spot where I can take my dog & the children have all that space to play in. Lovely. Anybody else join us. I understand that it isn’t breaking the law.

I’m surprised that nobody hasn done a similar protest behind the guildhall or on the grass at the police station.

Simon
    Participant

The Travellers have been on Alyn Waters for a week now. What is the hold up evicting them?

Children’s football matches have had to be cancelled because of them.

BBC News – Llay cancels football matches due to Alyn Waters travellers

Rob
    Participant

As per Council Serve Notice On Alyn Waters Travellers | Wrexham.com

‘agencies’ are holding up the Council’s legal moves. A query was made about which agencies but the council did not comment.

A magistrates court would have been held this morning so it could have gone before that if all the ‘evidence’ was in place. With it being a bank holiday I would guess it will be Tuesday before thats possible again, however those agencies probably have a bank hol as well so could be later.

There is no indication why an order was not applied for immediately mind…

Rob
    Participant

Whoops – mags would be yesterday morning (sat) not today (sun). Too much bank holiday sun :D

Steve
    Participant

@zinger 8854 wrote:

I’m in!

A free weeks holiday in the caravan…. Normally I have to pay up to £400 for a week away in the caravan. As a law abiding citizen why should I waste that money, just find a nice spot on some council owned land and I can have at least a week free of charge, possibly two or more.

Jim Porter
    Participant

I am very concerned about the Travellers camped on Alyn Waters Country Park. I would like to know who is paying all the legal fees to get them evicted and where the money will come from for the clean up when they finally leave. No doubt it will be paid for out of the rates paid by decent law abiding citizens of Wrexham. The travellers should be made to pay before the move on.

If the main gates at Llay had been closed and locked at night as they should be, the people would not have got on there in the first place!!!!

Y Ffin
    Participant

There is always the muck spreader option. Most move on once the cow and pig muck starts flying about. Of course, sewage farm sludge is now an option on the menu.

gazzami
    Participant

Travellers BACK around Pentre Maelor AGAIN, third lot this month,
    council master plan maybe, them or prison????
    1st lot on land at the corner of Clywedog rd. north and Abenbury Way.
    2 weeks
    2nd lot on land at Clywedog rd. east. 2 weeks.
    3rd lot on land at the Abenbury community centre.??????weeks
    Each time leaving a mess,kids causing mayhem and dog mess all over!

NJones
    Participant

It amazes me how much rubbish they create for people living in caravans. When we go camping we hardly fill a carrier bag with rubbish in two weeks.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News