Travellers On Alyn Waters

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Travellers On Alyn Waters

• Author

Simon
    Participant

I see that the Travellers have mainly left Llandegla now after their ‘religious festival’..

and have now taking up residence at Alyn Waters Country Park. 20 + caravans.

Rob
    Participant

Llay UTD YFC saying on camp has been set up on the football pitches.

Simon
    Participant

Perhaps they’ve ‘travelled’ in the last few hours Rob? Before the festival a group of them were on the Industrial Estate. Their kids throwing stones at passing vehicles.

gyp1.jpg

Andy
    Participant

According to the lefties these people are a “Race” and the’re a special case and have more needs. I wish the do gooders would invite them to camp on their land.

zinger
    Participant

Perhaps they should use the same riot police that they use for Wrexham football matches. Apart from that they would probably frighten the children from going to or playing football ever again. They will have to have at least 4 weeks of meetings before anything happens.

st_elswhere
    Participant

I hope this is a valid question. When I get car insurance I have to give a permanent address where I live and the postcode is taken into account when charging the premium.

How do travellers get cover for their new Pick ups and 4 x 4s when they have no fixed abode? Is their cover hugely expensive? If they are giving a postcode just to get cover but not living at that address isn’t that insurance fraud?

NJones
    Participant

From my experience they don’t bother with insurance at all.

Darlofan
    Participant

If I put a tent up and camped there overnight the council would find some law that said I couldn’t and make me leave the next day. If I drove a car over that area and caused damage/ruts that needed repairing the council would make sure I paid for it. This lot will cause tens of thousands of pounds worth of damage and mess, cost the council thousands in legal costs to get rid of them and the “travellers” will not pay a penny towards it.

AMA Express
    Participant

@st_elswhere 8688 wrote:

I hope this is a valid question. When I get car insurance I have to give a permanent address where I live and the postcode is taken into account when charging the premium.

How do travellers get cover for their new Pick ups and 4 x 4s when they have no fixed abode? Is their cover hugely expensive?

A great number of “Travellers” have legitimate cover using either Motor Trader’s or Showmen’s Policies. Each of which needs only 1 address for the policy and covers any vehicle.

As an example, it’s possible to cover any number of motor vehicles, trailers and caravans and their contents under a single policy for less than £3,000 a year.

You’ll also notice that the Police rarely confiscate vehicles from “Travellers”, unless they can prove that they’ve been stolen. That’s because most of them are very careful to ensure that the Road Fund Licences for their vehicles are current.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Consider myself a leftie, but they are not a race.

Think the reporting (some of it without any credible evidence presented) by the daily mail has made their position and current settlement easier as it creates divisions.

The council are to blame if they have not given an eviction order yet.

get rid. football is more important.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News