Transport For Wales Railway Fiasco

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Transport For Wales Railway Fiasco

• Author

wxmlad
    Participant

What a nightmare for local rail users this must be on the Bidston Line. The silence is deafening from our local MP, Mr Lucas & Wrexham Council.
    Yet another fine mess living in a labour run Wales

Matt
    Participant

As Lucas and the council have nothing to do with running the trains – surely the questions should be aimed at Ken Skates AM – he is Transport secretary after all.

Born Acorn
    Participant

I hope we’re going to penalise KeolisAmey, they’re the company running the franchise and and have failed to account for PRM upgrades and seasonal outages combined.

Birdman
    Participant

“>

Born Acorn
    Participant

Now it appears Arriva stopped ordering spares months ago, which is something I’d read elsewhere a couple of days ago.

Didn’t know they took the wheel lathes with them though. That would paralyse the repairing of “square wheels” caused by slippery rails.

Rex Ham
    Participant

Born Acorn writes: Now it appears Arriva stopped ordering spares months ago, which is something I’d read elsewhere a couple of days ago.
    Didn’t know they took the wheel lathes with them though. That would paralyse the repairing of “square wheels” caused by slippery rails.

If this is true, and I don’t know either way, it makes the franchise business even more of a fiasco. What happened to due diligence, or even a note on a fag packet.

Give the Wrexham-Bidston line to Mersey Rail so we can have trains running directly into Liverpool.

dagg
    Participant

I agree Mersey Rail might be a good option, But would they want it?.

NPWXLanes
    Participant

Agree, Mersey Rail is the best option if they want to take it on. Get all those people from the wirral down here to visit the football museum

Rex Ham
    Participant

From Wikipedia “Welsh Economy Secretary, Ken Skates, stated that the Welsh government were in an advanced stage of talks with Merseytravel about running a direct service from Wrexham to Liverpool”.

Lets get writing to Mr Skates!!!!

Born Acorn
    Participant

Merseyrail would be fine, but they only have electric trains due to diesel being banned in the loop line under Liverpool. You’d need to electrify the entire line to Wrexham Central, which was estimated to cost at least £207 million several years ago.

I believe the above quote refers to heavy rail via Chester and Frodsham through the recently reopened Halton Curve.

See here

A spokeswoman for Transport for Wales said: “We’re working to introduce new services from May 2019 between Chester and Liverpool Lime Street and also extending two of these services to serve Wrexham.

This has been delayed to May 2019 due to a.. you guessed it… shortage of trains.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News