Town Centre problems

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Town Centre problems

• Author

oldboy744
    Participant

Anyone noticed an increase in ‘undesirable’ people walking through the Town Centre in the middle of the day. By undesirable, I mean groups of 3 or 4 males (mainly) swearing very loudly and swigging from beer cans which they then deposit in the nearest flowerbed. They have a complete disregard for any children or other townsfolk. This is not new to Wrexham by any means but I am often in the Town Centre and have noticed an increase in the past 2years.

I also witnessed a young lad being ‘nicked’ the other day for shoplifting and he was happily chatting to the police as they led him away as if it was a minor inconvenience. Not a first offender methinks!

I agree that the Town needs real investment in small businesses but these sort of people really puts me off visiting the Town Centre which can only be bad for business if enough people feel the same.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I am usually in the town centre at lunch time and haven’t noticed any such groups. I have come across some gentlemen very inebriated but very polite lol. Are they locals or our more exotic cousins?

oldboy744
    Participant

They are British but not from Wrexham judging by their accents. I’ve noticed them by Nero quite a lot and using the seats in queens square. Not trying to paint the town in negative light and it has far more good than bad, but I have noticed an increase.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I will keep a look out for them. I love Wrexham and I know there are good and bad people around but something always happens that makes me chuckle. One day I was walking towards McDonalds and a young lad was walking towards me. He asked if I had any trank. I was totally confused until I realised he was talking to a man behind me. In broad daylight the chap went into his pocket and money changed hands. I just stood there open mouthed! Then I realised I had better get out of there quick lol

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Noticed a couple of kids acting a little bit today, but saw the wardens give them a chat later.

I think we should expect more swearing during the school holidays, but for me town has improved alot over the last two years on the subject of anti social behaviour and nothing compared to what I’ve seen in the last few weeks in london, Manchester, Birmingham and Barcelona. E.g. The train today from shrewsbury smelt of skunk.

although wrexham is a really good safe crimefree town compared to most of the places I visit, of course it can always been improved. Like getting rid of the fake wrexham FC merchandise street sellers. ;)

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Kids will be kids and test boundaries where ever they live and Wrexham’s kids are not too bad really. I was once jostled by two young teens who I think were after my handbag. I held on to it and put my face up close to theirs on told them to go forth and multiply! They backed off. I may only be five foot five but i’m feisty lol. I still love Wrexham and I never feel threatened. I just seem to attract the odd bods!

harry
    Participant

Always been around certain areas, I avoid these

Rondetto
    Participant

A few weeks ago I parked my car in the car park behind Chester street, I’d only been gone about 30 minutes when I got back the windows were smashed and they’d taken a few things from the glove compartment. A guy sitting in a car some 20 yards away heard the bang and waited for me to return. I rang the Police and later that day an officer came to my house and said they had two lads from Liverpool in custody, apparently they’d been living rough in Wrexham.
    I haven’t heard a thing from the Police since so I don’t know if they were prosecuted or just let off. In town this morning there was two lads shouting and swearing, they didn’t sound local to me. Why they come here I don’t know, but they do give the town centre a bad name.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Have probably been banned from their home town centre or they could be students I suppose. I think swearing is regarded as normal speech by some no matter what their age. To me it just shows a distinct lack of vocabulary.

AMA Express
    Participant

@oldboy744 5021 wrote:

They are British but not from Wrexham judging by their accents.

Well, I come under that category. Does that mean I’m not welcome in the town ?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News