Town centre block paving refurbishment

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Town centre block paving refurbishment

• Author

eyeman
    Participant

Agree wholeheartedly with Ioan. I work in a County town over the border where I think it’s around 20% of shops are vacant & the Council essentially killed off 1 end of the town by allowing a new multimillion pound shopping centre to be developed at a far end of the town, which is only about a third of the size of Eagles Meadow while their staff enjoy a new HQ building which itself had vacant retail units (built beneath the Council offices) for months/years after opening. At the other end of this town a new Morrison’s was built but they then pulled out & sold the site as the Council refused them planning for a petrol station?! The store sat empty with a huge car park that used to be Council owned closed off for months/a year? The store has now had to be split in to smaller units by the new owners & half are empty. So Wrexham Council aren’t any worse than others! Rondetta that kind of problem is not unique to Wrexham. Aggressive begging is this week reported to be the number 1 issue of concern in Cardiff city centre. Homelessness & drugged up zombies are in all towns and cities. I regularly see them in towns/cities I travel to with work & have visited previously more than I do in Wrexham. I have thankfully never experienced any such behaviour myself but acknowledge sadly it exists-that shouldn’t put people off coming in to town & spending money in our local economy, it’s no worse here than elsewhere but is certainly over exaggerated in Wrexham which is a real shame. We should be thankful for what we have which is more than in other comparable towns & improving the street scene & footfall can only be a positive to bring new tenants in to these vacant units.

Sheefag
    Participant

A very reasonable and well thought out post. It has no place here.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Very well written but difficult to read because it was clumped together.

may I suggest using paragraphs next time – thank you

Sheefag
    Participant

eyeman, might I respectfully suggest that you track Owain Glyndwr down and twat him one?

It’s how discussions were won in Wrexham, back in the good old days.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Really?

eyeman
    Participant

Haha the rare treat of an enforced lie in on a work day & I forgot my grammar.

Note to self to try harder to be bothered.

Apparently my current work town is now getting a second McDonalds where the Morrison’s petrol station is supposed to be. So that will be a car park full of boy racers close to the new housing estate on the grounds of the old mental hospital which closed resulting in lots of interesting characters on the streets. Really Wrexham isn’t that bad a place to live!

Matt
    Participant

My favourite thing about your story eyeman is that the town’s name hasn’t been mentioned to protect its identity & reputation. We should play a game of guess the town.

Sheefag
    Participant

Being obscenely wealthy, I never visit Wrexham in person.
    I gently glide above, silently, in my enormous gold-plated Zeppelin whilst sipping vintage champagne and laughing maniacally.
    It’s a grand life.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=154562]Being obscenely wealthy, I never visit Wrexham in person.
    I gently glide above, silently, in my enormous gold-plated Zeppelin whilst sipping vintage champagne and laughing maniacally.
    It’s a grand life.[/quote]

Now that they know – they’ll be onto you – to invade your space.

Sheefag
    Participant

The Council are missing a trick when it comes to finances.
    With all the places that they own and with the forces of law and order on their side, they’d clean up if they were to start selling drugs.
    It makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News