Town centre block paving refurbishment

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Town centre block paving refurbishment

• Author

Walked through our dismal town centre yesterday afternoon. Empty shops along every street. Those that are still occupied are in disrepair. Landlords clearly not being challenged to tidy up their properties by our council.

Thousands being spent on the block paving renewal. If our town was being run as a business it would have gone bankrupt by now.

Public money being squandered by imbeciles. When will this madness end?

Sheefag
    Participant

Other Towns Are Available.

Thankfully

Sheefag
    Participant

Glad we got that all cleared up

dagg
    Participant

Good, now that’s cleared up maybe they can clear the town up.

jimbow
    Participant

There are faults in Wrexham,the problem is the people running it.

Rondetto
    Participant

The town is a damn mess. If it’s not homeless harassing you for money or cigarettes it’s trying to dodge cranes and diggers. Monday, a couple visiting from Corwen sat in Nero’s before heading home saying what a dump the town was and in future they would shop elsewhere. They had been sitting outside the lady told me and was asked by a woman for a cigarette, when they said they didn’t smoke the woman let fly with: You F…G snobs, who the F..k do you think you are. It’s my home town but I admit I feel ashamed at the way it is right now.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

It’s not so easy to challenge landlords (who are probably pension funds, investment trusts, private equity groups and other financial institutions based elsewhere, if not outside the UK) who work through property management companies who are also based elsewhere when the council has little power to actually force such landlords to change their behaviour. Any losses in Wrexham can be put against profits made elsewhere. Business rates are set nationally. Compulsory purchase is hardly an option these days. Probably the only landlord in the town, apart from private individuals e.g. the proprietors of the Fat Boar, Lot 11, the Bank and one or two others, to actually look after and invest in their property is the council. You need to redirect your fire elsewhere.

When there was more money about at least the council used to power wash the streets every year or so, but the age of austerity has seen that confined to the history books sadly because it has to come out of everyday spending i.e. council tax along with schools, social services,refuse collection etc etc and you won’t get any help from the welsh government for that.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=154503]They had been sitting outside the lady told me and was asked by a woman for a cigarette, when they said they didn’t smoke the woman let fly with: You F…G snobs, who the F..k do you think you are. It’s my home town but I admit I feel ashamed at the way it is right now.[/quote]

You’d think with the cost of cigs these days that things would rapidly be the reverse case. The state on some people.

So, back to my point. Why waste ££££ on the refurb?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News