Theresa May's 'visit to Wrexham'

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Theresa May's 'visit to Wrexham'

• Author

Marvinuk
    Participant

I have never considered myself affiliated to any particular political party and have voted Labour, Lib Dem and Conservative in the past and up until last week my vote this year was definitely Conservative, however after watching how the Conservative campaign seems purely based on how bad it will be if Labour get into power and no real positives if Conservatives win I am now in the position of being undecided and this with only a week to go. None of the political parties have filled me with any confidence that they have a plan to go forward over the next five years, Labour I fear will just burden us with debt by trying to achieve potentially unrealistic goals, Conservative seem to be focusing on Brexit and ignoring all the other issues we have in the country and Lib Dems just seem so detached from things that I cannot bring myself to consider them. Theresa May not taking part in the leaders debate has really swung my opinion from the Conservatives, and I feel now she is not strong enough to lead the country if she is not willing to stand alongside the other leaders to defend her and her parties ideas.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=131946]Come on Dick, which is to be? Either she doesn’t meet people on the street (1st post)or she does (2nd post). You can’t have it both ways!
    [/quote]

With Dick posting again it reminded me of that u-turn on here :D

Further – I forgot to post this up when I read it a few weeks a go http://www.conservativehome.com/platform/2017/06/gareth-baines-what-fighting-a-welsh-marginal-taught-me-about-the-conservative-campaign.html

It contains an ‘insiders’ view of the trip to Wrexham from inside the room itself:

The Prime Minister came to visit us in Wales and performed a screeching, screaming u-turn – right in the middle of the a general election campaign.

I’ve never witnessed anything like it. I was in that audience when Theresa May performed a u-turn, and denied point blank that it was a u-turn. Her own audience (Conservative Party members!) disagreed, an elderly couple behind me kept saying – audibly – “yes you are” every time May said she absolutely definitely was not performing a u-turn (even though she was). etc

JW
    Participant

It seems that wrexham.com may have just finally nailed their colours to the mast.

Randomly digging up a post to have another go at the Conservatives!

I’m completely fed up with the Leaders biased coverage over the years and always liked yours, but I’m starting to get a bit fed up with this – especially as you don’t bother hiding your bias anymore!

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=134408]It seems that wrexham.com may have just finally nailed their colours to the mast.

… especially as you don’t bother hiding your bias anymore!

[/quote]

I don’t understand this. Would you rather they hid their bias?

R T
    Keymaster

Sadly no bias and not random… the ‘Dick’ chap is the one and the same who has said our account of the visit was ‘stupid and lazy’.

As he resurfaced on another thread, again critical of reporting again, it reminded me to pop the link up.

He might not believe our direct and filmed experiance but he may listen to a candidate’s agent.

BenjaminM
    Participant

[quote quote=134408]It seems that wrexham.com may have just finally nailed their colours to the mast.

Randomly digging up a post to have another go at the Conservatives!

I’m completely fed up with the Leaders biased coverage over the years and always liked yours, but I’m starting to get a bit fed up with this – especially as you don’t bother hiding your bias anymore!

[/quote]

How anyone has the audacity to come up with such a stupid observation is beyond me.

Perhaps the writer has an extremely selective memory and can only read posts through blue tinted spectacles. From another perspective, I was appalled by the incessant coverage that the Theresa May’s candidate for Wrexham received for months and months prior to the General Election. Perhaps that same coverage has dwindled because the ‘good works’ have not been happening or publicity is not a necessity at this time?

I think that now the election is over and the Cons have nothing worthy to say or be reported on, the equilibrium has returned and Wrexham.com have quite effectively displayed a politically neutral stance.

Carry on reporting as you see fit Rob and ignore the the rantings of a supporter of a party that has reached terminal velocity in destroying itself, so so effectively.

JW
    Participant

You spat your dummy out like a crying child because you weren’t on the invite list to the event and have slagged it off ever since.

Where was the coverage of Labours little launch? Just a few of the party faithful in a small room with no members of the public – not one word of attack, in fact not one word about it….

Sheefag
    Participant

Theresa May visits Pie & Chips town.

Nice

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=134436]You spat your dummy out like a crying child because you weren’t on the invite list to the event and have slagged it off ever since.

Where was the coverage of Labours little launch? Just a few of the party faithful in a small room with no members of the public – not one word of attack, in fact not one word about it….

[/quote]

I like to think the dummy spitting was ahead of the game, before it became all mainstream and cool!

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2017/news/daily-journalist-tells-of-three-minutes-of-nothing-with-theresa-may/

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2017/news/editor-slams-outrageous-access-denial-for-journalists-at-theresa-may-appearance/

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2017/news/regional-news-site-barred-from-filming-or-photographing-theresa-may-visit/

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2017/news/theresa-may-interview-like-being-forced-to-stand-in-stinging-nettles/

etc etc.

As for the Labour launch I had hoped to get something sorted in conjunction with Deeside.com but did not in the end – it is worth noting the launch was 22 miles away in Deeside and roughly an hour or so round trip.

Out of interest do you think Wrexham.com should have been on the invite list for the visits of the Prime Minister, both in Gresford and Bangor On Dee?

Matt
    Participant

It strikes me as quite possible that Tory supporters completely fail to grasp the concept of a neutral press. Unless they are having pro-Blue shit shovelled down their throat by the likes of the Sun, Mail, Express, Times and Telegraph singing the praises of May et al they don’t like it. So even neutral publications and online sites get accused of being Anti-Tory (and by idiot logic hanging their colours to Labour) just because they aren’t towing the Government propaganda line. The very fact that Dick copied and pasted Guido Fawkes verbatim shows that on this occasion it is us who are having to suffer Tory bias and lies.

Make no mistake, myself and many other Wrexham.com forum posters are pro-Labour, but I’d say by Wrexham.com setting up a local election debate so that candidates from all parties in Wrexham and Clwyd South were able to get their voices heard, was a fair and neutral thing to do. Nobody else was prepared to set that up locally. If Wrexham.com was exclusively a Tory bashing outlet I believe a large number of the local population would be alienated which would diminish the effectiveness of the site as a come one, come all in Wrexham to participate and have your view expressed, which I believe is the spirit of hyper-local news and social media.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News