Theresa May's 'visit to Wrexham'

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Theresa May's 'visit to Wrexham'

• Author

bobbychaz
    Participant

What do Teresa May and Wayne Rooney have in common ??
    They both want to screw your Nan !!!

Dick
    Participant

Would have thought the protester threatening to kill her, the murder of MP Jo Cox and the Manchester bomb would perhaps have given you a clue why she or any other Party leader doesn’t go walking the streets.

BenjaminM
    Participant

And which other party leaders would that be then Dick?
    From all the coverage I have seen, everyone of them has interfaced with the general public, except May of course!!
    How anyone can attempt to hold her in esteem and pretend she is virtuous and moral is beyond me.

Dick
    Participant

You obviously missed the coverage of Theresa May being questioned/accosted/waylaid in the streets recently, plenty of coverage on news channels. None so blind as those that do not wish to see.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Come on Dick, which is to be? Either she doesn’t meet people on the street (1st post)or she does (2nd post). You can’t have it both ways!!
    Typical of Tories, change their stance whenever wind direction changes or they say whatever is expeditious in the moment. Just take as a classic example, the number of u-turns performed since their manifesto launch last week, astounding.!
    I sincerely hope that the electorate of Wrexham and Wrexham South really take note of what is being said from above and the deafening silence from the local Tory candidates.
    You are quite right when you state that there are none so blind as those who do not wish to see. A bit of friendly advice – open your eyes.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Just read the election flyer from Andrew (Andy) Atkinson, my first reaction was an overwhelming desire to vomit.

It opens with the caption ‘Andrew Atkinson Standing With Teresa May’ then goes on to dispenses with the name Andrew, who suddenly becomes Andy as if magically transformed into the persona of the boy next door, or everyone’s friend. Very sad attempt to get people on board!

Further on, it lists Theresa May’s plans for a stronger Britain. Including, 1.Reform the Welsh education system to improve standards in our schools, and 2. Invest in the Welsh NHS to ensure that every family has the care they need.
    Has it escaped their attention that both of those are devolved matters, the responsibility of the Welsh Assembly?
    Glaring omissions include, plans to abolish the triple lock and the proposed ‘dementia tax’

If this is Conservative attention to detail both nationally and locally, I want no part of it.

99DylanJones
    Participant

This point has been raised before and yet we still don’t get any answers from ‘Andy’ Atkinson.

The only think a local Conservative could do on these issues for Wrexham and Wales is to ensure Wales receives it’s share of the UK funding- they cant determine the expenditure.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=131887]So the staff are not the general public then?

[/quote]The staff ,as you put it are an administrator and caretaker. The Memorial Hall is run by volunteer trustees -I have been one since the early nineties. This was very much a “closed event” and PURELY a commercial booking by those in the know at the trust and (for security reasons) held in high secrecy with most trustees not aware of this event. I have even heard of nearby residents finding it hard to return home on that morning and I had to make a detour to get to a hospital appointment.
    It should be stressed that the charity endorses no candidate or party and undertakes booking from all parties in line with their booking policy.

wrexview
    Participant

How long has Memorial Hall been run by Trustees ? Is it leased to them ? Or are you referring to a Management Committee, which is the way many Community Centres and the Memorial Hall used to be run.

99DylanJones
    Participant

This week Teresa May said she would not debate with Jeremy Corbyn as she wanted to be out and about meeting the public. Well thank you Mrs May you clearly know how to snub the people of Gresford. Your swift move from car to hall to car movement would have won her a standing ovation from the audience watching Strictly Come Dancing. You could imagine Len Goodman saying — the grace and elegance of the foot movement showed the political professionalism of ducking and diving to avoid clashing into competitors- the graceful hand movement from her partner Andrew Atkinson did nothing to show real closeness lasting only a few seconds!”

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor