Theresa May's 'visit to Wrexham'

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Theresa May's 'visit to Wrexham'

• Author

acree3664
    Participant

After yesterdays disastrous visit to Gresford by Theresa May, and her unwillingness to speak to, or be seen by anybody other than pre invited guests, I think people are starting to realise that her carefully crafted strong an stable façade is merely an illusion. The nice lady is actually rather nasty, and the pathetic attempt by Andrew Atkinson to defend her policy U-turn as somehow being ‘clear’ shows his own unsuitability to represent the people of Wrexham.

Jamsindahouse
    Participant

[quote quote=131859]After yesterdays disastrous visit to Gresford by Theresa May, and her unwillingness to speak to, or be seen by anybody other than pre invited guests, I think people are starting to realise that her carefully crafted strong an stable façade is merely an illusion. The nice lady is actually rather nasty, and the pathetic attempt by Andrew Atkinson to defend her policy U-turn as somehow being ‘clear’ shows his own unsuitability to represent the people of Wrexham.
    [/quote]

Very well said :)
    Applause

Dick
    Participant

So her visit to the Gresford play group doesn’t count then?. Obviously they are not REAL people!!

BenjaminM
    Participant

“So her visit to the Gresford playgroup doesn’t count then?”

In an election campaign, no, it most certainly doesn’t! Children are not likely to ask questions that puts her on the spot – that is why she has shunned contact with the general public who are finally realising that she is a liar and not to be trusted with anything she says.
    Evil policies from an anti working class Party.

Dick
    Participant

So the staff are not the general public then?

99DylanJones
    Participant

The Andrew (Photo opportunity) Atkinson style is catching or he is emulating his Leader.

I presume the Playgroup were already having their session in the building so coincidence only.

The lack of engagement with the public is clearly apparent and whilst I agree with Dick that staff are public in a childcare setting that has strict regulations over ratios they would (should) not have left the children to talk with TM or the entourage. Clearly no open question/discussions possible.

BenjaminM
    Participant

A relatively small number of people in a closeted environment can hardly be described as engaging with the general public. She MAY have had more credibility if she had spoken to the people assembled outside the venue rather than leaving via the back door like a thief in the night.
    A shady individual who quite frankly displays all the attributes that the Tories stand for – greed and class distinction.
    The name Tory did not appear just from nowhere. I suggest you check its’ etymology.

acree3664
    Participant

The play group were actually shunted out of their normal facility in order to provide room for the invited Tory audience. They were out the back door the same as she was.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=131887]So the staff are not the general public then?

[/quote]

Someone mentioned this on twitter, to clarify it was not an open public event – anyone wishing to be further up the road into the venue carpark required a pass otherwise they were asked to leave.

Stoneagle
    Participant

Intensely disappointing. How can I believe her claims to be a tough negotiater, a ‘bloody difficult woman,’ if she’s not even willing to meet the people of Wrexham? Doesn’t even announce her visit! What on earth does she think we’ll do to her?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News