The Walnut Tree

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Walnut Tree

• Author

Rex Ham
    Participant

They say nostalgia isn’t what it used to be, but whilst having banter with Daave63 in another thread, I started recalling pubs I drank at in Wrexham and my favourite used to be The walnut in Rhosddu. After a little search of my memory, I recall the landlord and landlady were Fred and Tess. Now Tess, could be the funniest, most amusing person in town, but cross her and you were in for a rough ride. Even Rhosddu’s finest gave her a wide berth at times! Anyone else used to drink there or have a memory to share?

Sheefag
    Participant

Back to the late 70’s.

The Horns, pay for the 1st game of pool and jam the coin slot half in with a small coin – play free for the rest of the day.

The Raglan, populated by murderers and vicious old ladies sipping Border Barley Wine.

The Jockey, shithole.

The Seven Stars, Welsh Fusilier & The Elephant & Castle, full of murderers.

The Horseshoe, Bank St, Nice, tiny little pub, busy with more than 8 people.

The Jolly Tavern, nice & dark, got caught with someone elses girlfriend in there.

The Nags Head, nice pub.

The Mitre & The Old Three Tuns, simple and unpretentious.

The Golden Lion, High St, nice old pub, queue to get a ‘booth’ down the back.

Pheeny
    Participant

Fairfield Tavern – pub of Wrexham footballers…

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News