The last thing town needs!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The last thing town needs!

• Author

Councillor X
    Participant

Are you serious with the heading “The last thing town needs!”?

The last thing the town needs is more druggies, homeless and unemployed to name but three.

This development offers jobs and gives the consumer the choice of another supermarket to visit.

We don’t all live in a “Bubble” where the furthest they go on foot is to Tesco. If Bubble moved away from his bubble for a short while, he/ she would find that the Lidl experience would offer him/ her massive savings (we have seen the TV adverts) Perhaps get a taxi there because the savings should pay for it.

Why not do all your shopping on-line and get your groceries delivered and then the fate of the town would not be of your concern and you can reside in your bubble in peace.

Sorry, this is not an anti-bubble rant. I just hate people writing off Wrexham instead of embracing change where change is for the good.

JP
    Participant

What Wrexham really needs is a 98 pence shop, with a 50% off opening offer.

Everyone else will carry on going to Broughton.

bubble
    Participant

I really did hit a nerve with my guess about your motives for the free parking for “top management” at the council, didn’t I, Councillor X. The new Lidl location is a reasonable walking distance from there, isn’t it.

master058
    Participant

I have nothing against Lidl, but really we have more than enough supermarkets and we don’t need another one, especially so close to Asda and Tesco. What this town REALLY needs is a Minor Injuries Unit-this would have been an excellent site for it. Sadly, it seems, it’s all about money and nobody seems to care about health-just be happy to watch A&E continue to crumble whilst you shop….

Matt
    Participant

Minor Injuries Unit – that’s an incredibly sensible and reasonable suggestion and for that reason we’ll never get one in a million years.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

I think we need people to be more responsible about their use of A&E.

I regularly see people so drunk from their night out in the town that they occupy valuable beds sleeping off their hangover. If they were presented with a £250 bill for their stay, they may think twice about getting in such a state.

Just a thought…?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News