The Groves School – Structure and Condition

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Groves School – Structure and Condition

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=106346]In your report of 17/01/16, you reported that Lesley Griffiths AM is to write to Mark Pritchard regarding how the decision to demolish the Groves was made in such a hurried fashion especially when it follows on so close to the other perverse decisions recently.

I sincerely hope the Leighton Andrews is made aware of her findings, when received, and if found wanting in any way, that the Welsh Assembly investigate the manner in which WCBC is being run by Elected Members, especially in light of the somewhat perverse decisions made of late made by the present administration.

Public confidence has been almost totally eroded.

Perhaps the time is right for Commissioners to be appointed before the situation gets even worse, if that is possible.

[/quote]

As I have hinted/insinuated even! on here before, you would like/hope to think that the council are a credible professional body, but my personal recent involvement with them unfortunately is far from this…

R T
    Keymaster

This report from 2012 may be of interest regarding the concrete bits already demolished https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/MinutesData/ExBoard/Reports/haed3912.pdf

Councillors recommended…

“note the action taken by the Head of Assets and Economic Development to secure the former Grove Park County School for Girls building”

and

“authorise the Head of Assets and Economic Development to take the steps of making the former Grove Park County School for Girls building wind and watertight, addressing any actions following an asbestos survey and implementing any security measures required; ”

Rohelendus
    Participant

Thank you for your response MP1953 … most interesting, will you provide further info.. obviously not disclosing personal details?

Rohelendus
    Participant

Thank you for your contribution rob. It was most interesting, more and more this whole incident becomes intriguing and troubling.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=106474]Thank you for your response MP1953 … most interesting, will you provide further info.. obviously not disclosing personal details?

[/quote]

My dealings are nothing to do with this particular matter, but it is quite remarkable how an authority get away with being so unprofessional without being challenged to much.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=106479]

Thank you for your response MP1953 … most interesting, will you provide further info.. obviously not disclosing personal details?

My dealings are nothing to do with this particular matter, but it is quite remarkable how an authority get away with being so unprofessional without being challenged to much.

[/quote] You are not allowed to challenge the Council. Once a decision has been made even at a low level, officers higher up will mot change that decision even though the first decision in your opinion may be wrong. The Council are answerable to nobody. I have a case at the moment where I am knocking my head against a brick wall .

Daave63
    Participant

Whilst I can see your point Rohelendus, you don’t half go on! And Shefag. nice picture, but whats it mean mate?

I would like to see the building saved [as the town has lost far to many interesting ones over the years] but if its down to cost then….

As a layman though, the roof on my dads shed was damaged in the storms over christmas! We priced a new shed £150! We then price a refurbishment – roll of felt, nails and some trim £10!!

You do the math!!

Rohelendus
    Participant

It apppears that many many others are as concerned as I and also have been reading this threaad.. ie.. see reference to pro bono volunteers:

Opposition To Groves Demolition Plan Grows

Daave63
    Participant

I am not opposed to U2 in any way – Streets of Belfast is one of my favs – but what is ‘pro-bono’??

Rohelendus
    Participant

Pro bono publico (English: for the public good; usually shortened to pro bono) is a Latin phrase for professional work undertaken voluntarily and without payment or at a reduced fee as a public service.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News