The Groves School – Structure and Condition

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Groves School – Structure and Condition

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

Jesus H Christ Ladies!! Forget the political, moral and legal argument and merit of the Groves demolition conundrum, the most pressing question now is which flipping page is something or other actually on?? Its easy, just check the bloody index arrrrggghhhh!!!!

Rohelendus
    Participant

Well, latest state of play:

CADW receive a Request for a Listing.

CADW visit site and conduct an inspection this time
    of the Original Building, not the more modern part
    which is now demolished.

CADW are now considering whether or not to list the
    School. Various AMs (including the First Minister Carwyn Jones
    and Deputy Minister for Culture Ken Skates)
    and MPs (including Ian Lucas and Susan Elan Jones)
    take a keen interest and make public statements.
    Ken Skates himself has expressed that he is minded to List the
    School.

A review is now taking place involving CADW and a ‘peer’
    organisation which will be either Historic England or
    Historic Scotland, to reach the final decision.

Wrexham has lost so many attractive and sound buildings.
    Wrexham has lost so much of its heritage through the ignorance
    and self interest of various council lead members and executive
    board members over the years. No more… no more.

wrexview
    Participant

So the Council are going to begin removing asbestos from the Groves , leaving the building still standing. With the asbestos removed the building will be a much better proposition for remodelling and retained for educational use. Perhaps the present Councillors should take a tour of previously remodelled primary schools in the Borough to understand the possibilities.

Sheefag
    Participant

If it wasn’t for this website publicising the Council’s plans to all, they’d have got away with tearing this building down.

In fact, I’d go as far as to say that the council gets away with a lot less since Rob set this place up.

Credit where credit’s due.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=111652]If it wasn’t for this website publicising the Council’s plans to all, they’d have got away with tearing this building down.

In fact, I’d go as far as to say that the council gets away with a lot less since Rob set this place up.

[/quote]

Definitely well done, I would imagine that Councillors and council officials religiously look at this site and as they look through it wonder what is going to come up next and cringe at some of the topics.

zinger
    Participant

[quote quote=111652]If it wasn’t for this website publicising the Council’s plans to all, they’d have got away with tearing this building down.

[/quote]

I agree here 100%. Well done Rob. Not just on the Groves but on many other topics too.

R T
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words – although Darryl needs the credit for the latest lengthy Groves piece not me!!

LW4Groves
    Participant

Hello,

SOH has issued a press release calling for the resignation of the Executive Board Members over the web of lies regarding the demolition of the old Groves school. You can read about it here: http://soh.wales/index.php/documents/press-release

Cheers,
    Lynne

Dragon
    Participant

Lynne
    As a Wrexham tax payer I don’t want any more of my money wasted on mothballing the groves that has no listing after two previous refused visits from cadw, the same drum being beaten by the same few is becoming a little tiresome and other people’s views do indeed matter.

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

They could all be reported to the Public Service Ombudsman for bring a Public Office into disrepute–
    Disrepute
    Guidence
    See Paragraph 6(1)(a)
    You must not behave in a way which could reasonably be regarded as bringing your office or authority
    into disrepute at any time.
    As a member, your actions and behaviour are subject to greater scrutiny than those of ordinary
    members of the public. You should be aware that your actions in both your public and private life
    might have an adverse impact on your Council.
    Dishonest and deceitful behaviour will bring your Council into disrepute, as may conduct which results
    in a criminal conviction, especially if it involves dishonest, threatening or violent behaviour, even if
    the behaviour happens in your private life. Making unfair or inaccurate criticism of your Council in a
    public arena might well be regarded as bringing your Council into disrepute. Inappropriate e-mails to
    constituents might well bring the office of member into disrepute.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News