the exploitation of the village of llay

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum the exploitation of the village of llay

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

Bring back Captain C I say. The Llay voice of gentle reason and the best damn Pope that the Vatican never had.

Captain C
    Participant

Bless you my child.

Sheefag
    Participant

I can just imagine to long queues outside the welfare to kiss the Pope’s ring.

RDx
    Participant

[quote quote=150207]On the plus side you are getting a state of the art main-Wrexham police station so that should help reduce crime in the area.

The other issues I’m not quite sure are specific to Llay only so don’t really think it’s being unfairly targeted.

1) All country park users across the county now have to pay

2) There are several ‘villages’ as part of the LDP who are now having proposed large housing developments put on them. Not happy – object in the now extended deadline planning process. Funnily enough nobody is happy because NIMBY rules apply. The top NIMBYs residing in Gatewen in New Broughton that has only just been built in the last few years. Rules are – we’re so glad that we obtained planning for our large estate but we don’t want anyone newer coming in – A case of Extreme-Micro-Xenophobia

3) Traffic – Yea it’s pretty much busy and dangerous to turn right (or left) at several junctions in Wrexham. People don’t stop or care to allow anyone else onto the already congested main roads. Went up the Birkenhead road on the Wirral this weekend & that’s infinitely busier than round here, that they have 4-way traffic lights on almost every junction. May end up that way here 1 day.

When will it end? Never – it’s called urban sprawl – if you live in the surrounding villages of an expanding town <*insert pie & chips reference*> then eventually it will get swallowed up. Don’t like it? Move into an even more rural area – somewhere like the National Parks where they have incredibly restrictive planning/expansion rules.[/quote]

The NIMBY part isn’t what the issue is for the the majority of the village, although I understand why people who, unlike their envious critics, have done well for themselves and have bought houses overlooking a nice stretch of countryside, don’t wish to see housing developments damage their views and property prices. Although as you said, this is a consequence of urban sprawl in these kinds of areas. But I’m led to believe that the devlopment doesn’t even fall within the established LDP.

As inevitable as it is, the main concern is the awful timing and the lack of infrastructure in place to cope, sch as the local schools and doctors surgery, the timing couldn’t have been worse with the neighbouring surgery in Gresford being closed. The police station is a positive investment, but along with the development will increase traffic in an area that is already highly prone to traffic jams at rush hour.

Let’s not forget that Llay has now also been earmarked for a traveller site. People will inevitably make accusations of bigotry against those who don’t want it. But in reality the concerns are legitimate, and it’s an idea which no other area would accept so has been dumped on Llay’s doorstep. Like a lot of problems its seems.

You’d assume a village of that size, and continually growing, would have some level of influence at local politics, enough at least to protect its interests. Clearly not, this raises important questions for the village going forward.

jimbow
    Participant

Could it be that Wrexham Council have come up with the perfect answer?
    The obligation on the Council is to provide a certain number of traveller spaces. By putting them in close proximity to the new police station,it could transpire to be good management.
    It could turn out that the travellers may well choose not to set up in a heavily policed area, in which case its possible Llay could be the best site in the county.

Sheefag
    Participant

Ha! There’s no flies on you, Jim Bowen.

Beau4021AV
    Participant

i would like to propose two ideal sites not yet mentioned
    1. the old monsanto site in chirk.
    2 the crown buildings wrexham town centre.

LocalGuy
    Participant

as an animal lover ( not in that way my friend). I am forced to agree with you, the harmful and shameful way in which our canine or, indeed, feline friends and treated is appalling.

shame on you Mr Jones. If I were to poison your hamster, you would not like it!

apart from that, Llay is going to the dogs and should be bulldozed to make way for a new town called Cefn-y-Wrexham.
    this could be used to house decent folk like Mr Fag and his kind.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=150780]Could it be that Wrexham Council have come up with the perfect answer?
    The obligation on the Council is to provide a certain number of traveller spaces. By putting them in close proximity to the new police station,it could transpire to be good management.
    It could turn out that the travellers may well choose not to set up in a heavily policed area, in which case its possible Llay could be the best site in the county.[/quote]

If the traveller site was next door to the police station, the police still wouldn’t go there if their was trouble.

Sheefag
    Participant

LocalGuy, welcome back dear.

You would do well to remember that in Vietnam, the average of the combat soldier was 19. They didn’t really know what was going on.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News