The Drifters at Glyndwr University

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Drifters at Glyndwr University

• Author

morri58
    Participant

It’s not just at the William aston hall either, been to many events at venues in the town on one occasion there were just 13 of us there [fair play the band still played] until these venues advertise their events they will be poorly attended, you cannot rely on the internet for everything.

Alunh
    Participant

@morri58 9182 wrote:

It’s not just at the William aston hall either, been to many events at venues in the town on one occasion there were just 13 of us there [fair play the band still played] until these venues advertise their events they will be poorly attended, you cannot rely on the internet for everything.

This takes me on to the wider picture. Few of the venues (if any) have built comprehensive data bases so that they can bombard potential attendees with info. Note the difference between this and the Liverpool Philharmonic. Wrexham Council (in fairness) have grasped the idea that Wrexham people are not some different sort of species to the wider universe and are recognising that successful promotions require good Marketing. Isobel Watson has a system in place where events can be posted on the CBC website.

Despite this, the town can and must do better. The Tourist Information centre, which could be one mode of pushing info is badly located, too small and reactive (if you’re lucky). I know laid back is a required attribute for many people in business and promotions, but laid back is not good enough.

Things need shaking up and success will follow. Look at the way Denzil Pemberton pushes his promotions for the Soul nights. It seems ironic that as many people go along to his fabulous nights as attend major headline events in the University. Could it be down to good self-promotion and dissemination of info. I always get an email telling me of Denzil’s events.

Not one person approached my shop on Bank Street with a poster for the Drifters, to sell tickets, to pass on info, to disseminate flyers, to even spread the word. I wouldn’t mind but I am nostalgia shop and my customer base is the very one that buy Drifters’ tickets

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor