The Cockle Man

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Cockle Man

• Author

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Reading the ‘bubble’ post, i think that “Super Cockle” deserves his own thread.

A lovely chap who had to endure the question “Have you got crabs?” in every pub.

He was sometimes followed by the Salvation Army collecting money but i don’t think they were a team.

beedar
    Participant

His name was Harry and what people didn’t know he was a black belt 3rd Dan in Karate. I always remember running a local quiz and he came in selling his produce and one of the team nicknames was ‘ Hey Cockle Man, come over here and rub some vinegar on this muscle ‘ which I proceeded to read out on the mic ( you can imagine the laughter ‘

WreX-iT
    Participant

Beedar, you are a card! :)

Super Cockle sold Kershaws sea food if I remember correctly. I used to love his cockles.

MP1953
    Participant

Didn’t he used to have Super Cockle on the back of his overall…

WreX-iT
    Participant

Yes, he was Super Cockle! He was a real local superhero.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News