The Can't be Bothered Generation!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Can't be Bothered Generation!

• Author

Interested
    Participant

I’ve had a leaflet passed to me by another resident from one of our Independent candidates. Not sure why I haven’t had one through my door yet…maybe she hasn’t got here yet. It is a terrible leaflet, which shows she is not really up to the job. Fair play for her standing but to send out a leaflet that’s not grammar checked is just sloppy and shows a lack of attention to detail. The content shows she has not been involved locally and she just focuses on problems that in all fairness the Independents have made such as grass cutting, street lights etc. Very poor. I am biased because my mind is made up but do get fed up with candidates putting out lazy literature.

So far only seen/heard from Labours Dana Davies at my door and had her leaflets, had second hand a leaflet from One Independent But nothing from the 2 others yet.

Marvinuk
    Participant

To be fair to Mr Dodman he has at least taken the time to post an introduction, whether or not you think some of his ideas are good or bad.

Conde
    Participant

Interested.
    Will be shocked if Dana is not returned in May if I’m honest.

Whilst I’m not a fan of the Labour Party (as a party) I do admire people at every level of politics who 1) get stuck in and 2) engage.

Think she is spot on for both categories.

Interested
    Participant

As my bias shows Conde I hope so. I must say if you are as engaged on The door step as you are on Wrexham.com then I am sure you will be getting positive feedback. Nothing worse than a candidate that instantly goes on the offensive when either asked a difficult question or faced with a negative statement.

Conde
    Participant

Appreciate your comments Interested.

Personally can’t see the point in putting myself up for the role and doing it halfheartedly.

Positive feedback thus far I’d like to think! People glad that I take the issues on and then will provide an update within a week or 2. HOWEVER… it’s difficult to gauge at this point so I don’t want to get overconfident! If I was a betting man, I’d probably put a couple quid on an Each Way bet on myself.

Quite agree with you regarding candidates going on the offensive. I could be accused of that in 2015, must thank Cllr Arfon Jones – he’s pulled me up on a few things in the past and I’m not afraid to admit I bit like a fish! I’ve got my collaborative cap on these days :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News