The Bike Shed theft

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Bike Shed theft

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I have just read the article about the sentencing, or lack of it, brought in this case. The culprit is out with no compensation to the shop owner as she has no funds. To top it all she has had her teeth done! What deterrent is that? What next? Re-offend with the hope of liposuction or a boob job? The world had finally gone mad!

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Welsh Dresser;5735 wrote:
    I have just read the article about the sentencing, or lack of it, brought in this case. The culprit is out with no compensation to the shop owner as she has no funds. To top it all she has had her teeth done! What deterrent is that? What next? Re-offend with the hope of liposuction or a boob job? The world had finally gone mad!

He can put in a civil claim (i think he should even if she hasn’t got the cash – just to send the message out to would-be thieves) and there has to be a question of did he have adequate insurance.

That being said, theft is wrong and I personally find bike theft one of the worst types of non violent crimes.

She should pay him back some how though, she would do wonders for her future if she offered her time to help him.

She’s seems like a bright girl, it’s sad that somebody who sounds like they have alot of potential is wasting her life and affecting other lives badly also. She sounds like someone who has the ‘swagger blagger’. she would be very good doing sales.

zinger
    Participant

I don’t blame the bike shop owner for being angry. I would be too. The world has gone mad. Crime pays nowadays. Now they are going to build a prison so that the little darlings will be nearer to their families. She should be made to clean his shop windows inside & out every day with a toothbrush until the bikes are paid for.

DIEARD
    Participant

Ye crime does seem to pay these days. No deterant what so ever. It’s a bloody joke.
    They wouldn’t dare in allot of other countries with the back lash they would get (literally), our whole system needs a shake up.

Liam
    Participant

Atleast if we get a super prison the poor souls can be closer to home god bless em.

‘Having a prison in Wrexham would bring enormous economic advantages to the area. It would also be of significant benefit to prisoners who come from the surrounding area who will be able to see family and friends more often.’

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I think I am old fashioned in this respect but I always thought prison was a punishment. If that means missing your family then don’t break the law and stay at home with them. If the culprit is penniless they should work the debt off.

NJones
    Participant

A program on prisons on TV this week showed that some seem to use prison as a way of life. One chap admitted he had been in over 40 times and liked it as he gets provided with a roof over his head, food, TV and even a job with some income.

michellecook
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 5748 wrote:

I think I am old fashioned in this respect but I always thought prison was a punishment. If that means missing your family then don’t break the law and stay at home with them. If the culprit is penniless they should work the debt off.

I guess that means that at 36 I am to be considered old fashioned as well. I totally agree with you, it seems we are mistaken.

I know of someone who was expecting to be sent down, he was actually looking forward to it. Had it all mapped out, spend time in the gym working out, latest game console and not having to spend a penny :mad:

If the punishments were tougher and prisons not like a 5* version of a Holiday camp, maybe there wouldn’t be so many idiots around committing crimes. OK, there are only so many prison places and why should we have to pay to keep them anyway, but why not make community service or community payback as they prefer to call it tougher? There is a group who come most Sundays to tidy up a local church carpark/grounds. All they ever do is one very small push of a lawnmower then spend the rest of the time either leaning on it, smoking or getting tea and biscuits provided by the church. Make them do real work, somewhere they could make a difference to someone, really payback the community.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News