The best route from Plas Coch Retail Park to Oswestry

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The best route from Plas Coch Retail Park to Oswestry

• Author

jok
    Participant

The best route you can take from Plas Coch Retail Park if you wish to travel in the direction of Oswestry is to turn right onto Plas Coch Road. Then you choose the right hand lane signposted for Chester and proceed to the set of traffic lights. At the lights you ignore the vehicles in the centre lane that are signalling a right turn and you continue to make a right turn. When you find that the vehicle in the centre lane forces you to remain in the right hand lane, you blast your horn at them, cut across two lanes, offering them a victory “V” sign and turn left onto the A483 oblivious of the fact that you are in the wrong.

I hope that the people who make this manoeuvre on a regular basis will take note of the fact that they should use the left hand lane to go towards the town centre, the middle lane to go towards B and Q, Oswestry and Mold and the right hand lane “FOR CHESTER ONLY”. If you can’t work it out you shouldn’t be driving at all.

Sheefag
    Participant

Oh. That was you was it? Sorry an’ all that.

Andy
    Participant

Agree 100%. But some on here say it is arrogant to expect other drivers to drive correctly.

johnhoppy
    Participant

I agree that some the standard of driving in town is very poor. Last Wednesday whilst filtering in turn at the lights on Regent Street a taxi decided it was his/her turn when it wasn’t and kindly cut me up. Oh yes…the registration mark was JOK.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Granted jok, you may well be a professional driver (along with the many other private hire and taxi cab drivers) but by the word ‘professional’, I mean that you follow that nature of employment to earn a living. But of course, ‘professional’ has another meaning also – a skilled practioner, an expert. Generally speaking, the second definition I have quoted seems to be lacking in many of your colleagues.
    I have driven all types of vehicle over a 46 year period and whilst I do judge myself to be reasonably competent, I shrink away from the term professional, as I along with many, many others do have lapses in judgement and do make the occasional wrong choice.
    Your constant criticism of the driving skills of others is tiresome to say the least. Perhaps those that live in glass houses should desist from throwing stones as they too maybe found wanting as highlighted in johnhoppy’s post above.

jok
    Participant

Benjamin M, johnhoppy writes his/her, I have no recollection of the event. I video all of my journeys and if it was me I will let you know.

BenjaminM
    Participant

[quote quote=100047] I video all of my journeys……. [/quote]

Whatever turns you on. You might prefer SKY TV and I could get £25 for putting your name forward.! 😀

Justwalkingthedog
    Participant

The roundabout concerned at the start of this thread, is as follows.
    Left lane – left towards town centre
    Middle lane – Ahead ( towards b&q ) and right towards mold ( and filter over for Oswestry )
    Right lane – Chester.

Part of the confusion is caused by poor and late road markings and signage.

johnhoppy
    Participant

[quote quote=100047]Benjamin M, johnhoppy writes his/her, I have no recollection of the event. I video all of my journeys and if it was me I will let you know.

[/quote]
    Unless you have rear facing video I doubt if you will have recorded the event. My video will no doubt have picked it up though, but as it also records details of my car etc I have no desire to put it into the public domain.

jimbow
    Participant

I am afraid jok the evidence is mounting up. You should submit yourself to the stocks in Queens Square on a Saturday morning, and run the gauntlet of thirty wet sponges.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News