The Best and Worst of Wrexham In 2013?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Best and Worst of Wrexham In 2013?

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11038 wrote:

How is it that some contributors to this thread have managed to turn a simple thread title into a platform for self aggrandisement?

Best: the announcement of the proposed new prison.

Worst: the opening up of yet another Welsh medium school.

I’ve looked through the post to see who should go on the naughty step and I can’t actually see anyone……….,.else. I guess it might be me who gets the ……….err ‘self aggrandisement’ label.

All the traits are in play……contributor who doesn’t hide his identity…….drops in a business reference at a moment’s notice……references his business name where possible……and so on

Hands up…..rumbled…….please forgive me……..happy New Year

BenjaminM
    Participant

Happy New Year to you too! :-)

Iceman
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11060 wrote:

Are you going to answer my question about the Welsh medium school comment?

Iceman
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11038 wrote:

Worst: the opening up of yet another Welsh medium school.

Does anybody else find the above comment offensive?

michellecook
    Participant

@Iceman 11062 wrote:

No, that is his oppinion, to which he is entitled. Whether or not we agree with that oppinion is another matter.

Haven’t quite decided what my best/worst are yet :cool:

michellecook
    Participant

@Alunh 11059 wrote:

I’ve looked through the post to see who should go on the naughty step and I can’t actually see anyone……….,.else. I guess it might be me who gets the ……….err ‘self aggrandisement’ label.

All the traits are in play……contributor who doesn’t hide his identity…….drops in a business reference at a moment’s notice……references his business name where possible……and so on

Hands up…..rumbled…….please forgive me……..happy New Year

Well, my eldest loves a rummage in your shop, he is autistic and finds some shops a bit overwhelming. He came in a few months ago looking for a specific album, you didn’t have said item but he came away impressed that you took the time to help him search.

Alunh
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11060 wrote:

…..and a Happy New Year to you Benjamin from all at Alun Hughes Film Music & Nostalgia, Bank Street Wrexham (on the left on the way down, right on the way up).

Metalhead
    Participant

@Iceman 11062 wrote:

Not at all, there must be bad medium schools after all. I’m thinking of the ones the likes of Sally Morgan & Derek Acorah must have studied at!

BenjaminM
    Participant

Thanks for pointing out your location Alun and I do frequently check out the promo posters in your shop window. Contrary to public belief (on Wrexham.com at least), I do not post comments on this site to be antagonistic, but merely to infuse contrary opinions into debates- opinions which I do actually believe have some credence.
    Our paths never crossed at Grove Park but I feel sure that if they had, there would have been some interesting jousts.!

Alunh
    Participant

I have some sympathy with Benjamin’s point. I note with unease the introduction of Coleg Cambria’s Welsh Language policy document and the renaming of the institution. I note the decline of the Welsh language in recent surveys, yet the relative vibrancy of Welsh medium institutions in Labour controlled Wales. I am conversant with the old iron law of oligarchies and sense a Fabian style backdoor assault on Anglo-Wales. I await with trepidation the day when English speakers find themselves second class citizens in Wales and marginalised in the jobs market and a day when Welsh medium schools have become back door grammars for the middle class (and working class kids are faced with the worst of all worlds in Wales)………………..

Is this all too bleak?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News