The Best and Worst of Wrexham In 2013?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Best and Worst of Wrexham In 2013?

• Author

Chris
    Participant

For the Best of Wrexham was the cup success of Wrexham AFC & Crusaders

The Worst of Wrexham is the incompetence shown by Wrexham CBC who I feel cant be that far away from being put into special measures.

MP1953
    Participant

Best: Wrexham at Wembley in March. Oh and Alun Hughes record shop thriving from what I understand, nice to see…:)

Worst: Wrexhams Councils inability to manage Wrexham, you would think most of them don’t even live in the area, perhaps they don’t.! (PS this does not include some Councillors who I know are committed to doing the best for the town)

BenjaminM
    Participant

How is it that some contributors to this thread have managed to turn a simple thread title into a platform for self aggrandisement?

Best: the announcement of the proposed new prison.

Worst: the opening up of yet another Welsh medium school.

wrexview
    Participant

Best. The younger generation of Wrexhamites, like Beth Bennett, putting on successful events such as the Wrexfest. Hope some of them will stand for the Council next time!

Worst …. The gradual leaching of jobs away from Wrexham. Companies moving or folding, public sector reorganisation and amalgamations, along with general staff reductions due to austerity measures.

Metalhead
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11038 wrote:

How is it that some contributors to this thread have managed to turn a simple thread title into a platform for self aggrandisement?

Have they? :confused:

BenjaminM
    Participant

Metalhead, Look back and I’m sure you will find the instance(s) of self promotion that I refer to!

Liam
    Participant

Any chance of a thread where BenjaminM doesn’t stick his size 10s in?

zinger
    Participant

I have no problem when BenjaminM has something to say for himself, but when he criticises other posters, then I do.

Iceman
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11038 wrote:

Best: the announcement of the proposed new prison.

Worst: the opening up of yet another Welsh medium school.

How can the opening of a Welsh medium school be bad?
    please elaborate for us

BenjaminM
    Participant

@Liam 11053 wrote:

Any chance of a thread where BenjaminM doesn’t stick his size 10s in?

Perhaps Liam some of have the ability to think for ourselves and arrive at different conclusions to those that choose the ‘popular’ option. I make no apologies to you or anyone else for stating what I believe, and will continue to do so, vex or please.
    If I agree with a post I will say so, if I don’t, I won’t. Simple! THAT is debate!
    You chose to call me to task, I have responded.
    It may be advantageous,rather than merely reading the words, if some people occasionally read for meaning and you may just find that I am not just “sticking my size 10 in” but actually picking up on thinly disguised real messages.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News