Thank you Wrexham CBC

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Thank you Wrexham CBC

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

I admire your wisdom in resurfacing the roads at both ends of Pendine Way at the same time.

This will have us used to the idea of the lack of bus services when the subsudies are withdrawn in the near future, although admirably, GHA have managed to negotiate the road works in one direction to Summerhill. This is something that must be addressed. Arriva have not managed to complete this section of the route since last Tuesday, getting well into the spirit of the experiment. I notice, that the roadworks will be completed by the end of next weekend, and subsequently after an absence of only 12 days we will have the annoyance of five buses an hour dashing past our front doors. Simply not good enough !

In all seriousness there are many elderly people living in this area, including sheltered housing, who must feel cut off from the outside world. Almost two weeks without a bus service as a result of road works is not good enough.

dewi73
    Participant

@johnhoppy 10773 wrote:

I admire your wisdom in resurfacing the roads at both ends of Pendine Way at the same time.

This will have us used to the idea of the lack of bus services when the subsudies are withdrawn in the near future, although admirably, GHA have managed to negotiate the road works in one direction to Summerhill. This is something that must be addressed. Arriva have not managed to complete this section of the route since last Tuesday, getting well into the spirit of the experiment. I notice, that the roadworks will be completed by the end of next weekend, and subsequently after an absence of only 12 days we will have the annoyance of five buses an hour dashing past our front doors. Simply not good enough !

In all seriousness there are many elderly people living in this area, including sheltered housing, who must feel cut off from the outside world. Almost two weeks without a bus service as a result of road works is not good enough.

Look on the bright side John and feel smug that the road is getting resurfaced. The road I live on has got more patches than a crew of pirates and is not due to be resurfaced in 2014 either!

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

My road has only been resurfaced once in it’s 47 year history.. It’s all holes, humps and bumps.

NJones
    Participant

Our road got partially done this year but took about 2 months to complete!

welshyorkie
    Participant

But the reality is the road was probably not that bad. They removed the surface well over a week ago and then just left it. Similarly on the Summerhill road just before Pendine Park, they closed the road, removed the surface and left it. But thankfully they “re-opened” the now ramped, bumpy road. I cannot understand why the re-surfacing cannot be done the day after the top is removed. But I agree with the original posting with regards to buses and thanks to GHA there are some buses passing through Pendine and Glascoed Park. But as for Arriva all they have done is destroy more of the road sides along Griffiths Lane as they trundle their buses up and down there but of course not picking one passenger up as there are no bus stops there.

johnhoppy
    Participant

This morning the whole bus route is clear, although it is a little bumpy on Summerhill Road where it has not been resurfaced. However Arriva are still avoiding the area, diverting along Griffiths Lane as mentioned above. Not good enough really.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News