Thank Goodness for Boris – My Prime Minister

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Thank Goodness for Boris – My Prime Minister

• Author

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Boris waffled too much. We cannot stay in lockdown for ever. We have to return to some kind of normality but to announce that some should go back to work the next day and that we can travel where we like after another two days yet supposedly ‘stay alert’ and try not to use public transport, doesnt sound like planning to me, more offering sweeties to keep people happy. Better to have said, if we keep the R rate down below 0.something then in x weeks’time, this is what will be allowed with a final confirmation at least three days before.
    More importantly detailed advice should be made available once the speech was over. Instead we have had endless speculation over exactly what he meant.

AMA Express
    Participant

TimRegency
    Participant

Thank goodness for Mark – our First Minister.

Lives before lucre.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, having started this post, I see the normal ‘looney left’ who expect everything without effort have tried to shanghai the real message by insults.

The elderly Headmaster approach of Drakeford will never work. Boris and Co have read it correctly, you have to give people some hope, otherwise there will be a mass revolution to lock-down which will result in an increased loss of valued lives. Unfortunately, the complete lack of foresight and education of the foul mouthed loonies becomes quite apparent. These uneducated, blind morons have obviously never played chess !

TimRegency
    Participant

Mark Drakeford is the First Minister, whether you like it or not.

‘…obviously never played chess.’

Oh, you play chess too? What’s your favourite opening? Mine used to be the Torre Attack, but I changed it to the Levitsky Attack, because I found Black’s potential reply of 3. .. Ne4 in the Torre rather irksome.

WreX-iT
    Participant

So if I could walk to Llanymynech Golf Club in Shropshire, could I play the 3 holes that are in England if I promise not to touch the 15 in Wales?

If I can cross the border in my car then I can park up in Chester and sunbathe in the park? But I cannot drive to Acton park? No wonder the country is fcked up.

Can I visit my elderly parents now? I won’t do because I don’t want to risk it but how many Welsh clowns will listen to Boris and help spread the virus? I have respected and supported this prick through the crisis but now all of the UK needs to follow ONE lot of rules.

cmaj76
    Participant

Spot on Matt, another total shit storm from Boris and co, he spoke for 10 minutes but said absolutely nothing and only added more confusion to his already piss poor response to this serious issue.

I cannot believe the ease at which people like the OP will bend over for Boris, will follow him without question even though the government’s response has been demostrably negligent, we were far too late in to lock down, they were happy for thousands to die to get “herd immunity” (though letting people die is nothing new for the tories), he’s now pulling england out far too early and putting the other 3 countries of this union at risk and is going against what they and the science is telling us. His response to the virus is so bad that even Trump has held up the tories response to the virus as the worst example of how to deal with it, with scientists and other countries agreeing with him.
    I’m not Drakeford’s biggest fan but at least he clear and consistent with his message.

I have no idea why Boris is not being held to account like we’ve seen with previous PMs and still can’t believe why so many like the OP are so happy to get down and lick boot despite him and his ilk’s track record over the past 10 years. Why are they so blind? Or is the human ghoul Cummings’ work finally coming to fruition?

PS Where’s the £350m a week?
    PPS Where’s the Russia report?

Truthbeknown
    Participant

It’s a virus, not chess, certainly not a game of the “I’m more important than you,so listen to me”, rubbish. Peoples lives and livelihood are at stake. Its not even complicated, lets just have the same rules for everybody. No arguing, no can I do this or that. One set of rules to be followed by the UK.

TimRegency
    Participant

“I have no idea why Boris is not being held to account like we’ve seen with previous PMs and still can’t believe why so many like the OP are so happy to get down and lick boot despite him and his ilk’s track record over the past 10 years. Why are they so blind?“

It’s wilful blindness; aided and abetted by a subservient and sycophantic media. Even local media have turned into snarling little Daily Mails.

I am relieved that we don’t have to follow Boris’ confusing and deadly rules.

JaneJ
    Participant

The sad fact is that even with 30,000 deaths not many people actually know who they are , not many people have a connection with them so they see the whole Covid issue as something not affecting them.- it is not in their back yard.

Reality check everyone one who thinks like that all of those deaths do affect everyone – the deaths have occurred due to the delays at the outset of Covid when it was first known- when some real actions could have been taken to prevent the spread and infect, nurses, care workers, post people, bus drivers, shop workers, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, grand parents – all people who feature in most peoples lives. The virus is still about every reader could have anyone of these people that you know personally catch the virus and die.
    For eveyone that thinks it is ok to go about as normal- think again as you will at some point potentially be the carrier of death that lands on your own door step. You may then wake up and take some personal responsibility- forget looking into the future for birthdays, weddings, and social events with your families you will be holding memorial events instead with a smaller group of people.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News