Tesco Store Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Tesco Store Wrexham

• Author

justjojo2011
    Participant

I hate it. But that’s just me. I also dislike their new cafe, with badly cooked food, runny as hell scrambled egg and badly organised staff. But again, that’s just me.

I think the money they spent on the revamp of the actual store could have been better spent on a revamp of parking and entering/leaving the premises so that people don’t have to sit for a week and a half trying to get out again.

@wrexview 16097 wrote:

Much of the external revamp has included wood. There are a couple of new seats outside the main door which are just natural untreated wood, unfortunately they are already stained, showing signs of wear and are unhygienic. A recycled plastic product would have been a much better option.

Huw
    Participant

Just to add something to the original post about the seats outside Tesco…They are situated in the most STUPID place, right next to the children’s ride on cars! The majority of people that use these seats do so to have a cigarette and they are less than 2 feet away from children! Passive smoking at it’s worst. Surely this cannot be legal these days? Congratulations to the bafoons who planned out this arrangement. No wonder Tesco’s profits are way down, they can’t even get the simple things right!

justjojo2011
    Participant

Tesco have childrens ride on cars? I have never seen one inside or outside the store

@Big H 16671 wrote:

Just to add something to the original post about the seats outside Tesco…They are situated in the most STUPID place, right next to the children’s ride on cars! The majority of people that use these seats do so to have a cigarette and they are less than 2 feet away from children! Passive smoking at it’s worst. Surely this cannot be legal these days? Congratulations to the bafoons who planned out this arrangement. No wonder Tesco’s profits are way down, they can’t even get the simple things right!

Huw
    Participant

Yes right by the main doors.

zinger
    Participant

Are the seats intended for the parents or more specifically grandparents waiting whilst the children are on the sit on toys. Two or more children can involve quite a wait.

Huw
    Participant

Who knows? Whoever they were put there for should not be smoking that close to children and Tesco’s should know better! It’s not fair on the child when you have to literally try and drag your 2 year old off the cars because somebody is sitting less than 2 feet away puffing on a cigarette!!!

Travis Bickle
    Participant

This is the problem caused by smoking bans. Try walking into the Maelor via the Revolving Doors – truely awful experience.

johnhoppy
    Participant

I am an ex smoker so now the smoking restrictions do not bother me at all. However the anti smoking brigade have brought the present situation of unpleasant smoke at the entrances of public buildings upon themselves. When the smoking ban was first introduced there were usually smoking shelters available for those who wished to partake in the evil habit, but this was not good enough for the do gooders. On the presumption that these shelters encouraged smoking they have now been torn down or made as uncomfortable as possible. What really do you expect people to do except to stand at entrances to buildings to have a quick fag…stand in the middle of the road?? Its all very well saying that everyone should give up…it just isn’t going to happen, and it is shameful that a particular section of society is treated in the way they are.

dale
    Participant

@Travis Bickle 16715 wrote:

This is the problem caused by smoking bans. Try walking into the Maelor via the Revolving Doors – truely awful experience.

No, it’s caused by people having no consideration for others, not by the smoking ban.

I agree in some ways with JohnHoppy above, smoking shelters should be provided for smokers, though if you were to situate these away from the entrances then I would imagine that the feckless and lazy people who have no consideration would still stand in the doorway to smoke as the shelter would now be “too far away”.

MP1953
    Participant

@johnhoppy 16716 wrote:

I am an ex smoker so now the smoking restrictions do not bother me at all. However the anti smoking brigade have brought the present situation of unpleasant smoke at the entrances of public buildings upon themselves. When the smoking ban was first introduced there were usually smoking shelters available for those who wished to partake in the evil habit, but this was not good enough for the do gooders. On the presumption that these shelters encouraged smoking they have now been torn down or made as uncomfortable as possible. What really do you expect people to do except to stand at entrances to buildings to have a quick fag…stand in the middle of the road?? Its all very well saying that everyone should give up…it just isn’t going to happen, and it is shameful that a particular section of society is treated in the way they are.

Exactly, the fact is smokers are going to smoke.. if someone is in hospital what are they supposed to do, it would have been much better to have kept the smoking shelters, then people would have a clear smoke free entrance into the hospital.another example of a rule/decision not thought out :rolleyes:..

The Do gooders/PC brigade are the ruination of this country, and now they can’t be stopped.. :mad::mad:

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News